unusual As

-

moparkink

Reaction score
i have a 71valiant 4dr 4spd ,anybody else seen one??also i just obtained a 73duster twister(with the factory installed 69cuda hoodscoops) before learning about this one i was under the impression that the twister was a 71-72 option only as i owned a 72twister when i was 15.anybody out there ever saw another one???

How do you know it is factory? Puting a 4 speed in place of a 3 speed is not hard to do and hood scoops are not all that hard to put on either. After 40 years it is hard to know what PO's have done to a car.

Does the Valiant have a reverse light on the dash? This could be one way to tell if it is a 4sp car. Although someone could also put it in when they put in the 4sp but not likely someone would bother doing that.

The build sheet would be the 100% accurate way.

Chuck

Im not really an expert,but i really do believe that the 69 cuda scoops were only used one car and one year.But if they are really good they are worth some coins

The scoops were available on later cars, I will see what I can find.....

The scoops where available on 73 duster twisters and it even shows them in the factory brochure. I know of two others. A TB3 and an FY1 car that has them and they have been there since they rolled off of the factory floor. The cat should have the V21 hood treatment too. Way cool car. I wish I could find one. As forthe 4spd, what does the fender tag say. I believe that the four speed was also a factory option behind a 318 even on four door. I have seen one in a Chrysler 300 before too.

tks alaskan ta and jmacsmopar and motopsycho i will be posting pics of all my As and Cs and D100s soon and yes the 73twister has the v21 hood treatment and its FY1 with a black vinil roof.the 71valiant has no fender tag or broadcast sheet and is currently wearimg(so to speak)a 67signet dash assembly with the 71 serial number on it that matche the rad cradle and trunk lip number it also has its original carpet with the factory tag(3-70)to wet your appetite; 71 duster340 4spd 3.91 EV2 with L6XV(orange on orange)
71 valiant 4dr 4spd
71 valiant 4dr auto GB5 72 duster sl6 TB3
73 twister sl6 FY1
76 1/2 duster 318 4speed od tx9
(2)68 chrysler newport 4dr hardtop
69 chrysler newport convertible
72 adventurer se 360 with ac
84 ram 100 short box fleetside sl6 4spd od tx9
84 plymouth carravelle salon(canadian gran fury)318 with 2.21 gear(not a misprint)tach 2300rpm at 100mph with 3spd auto great hi-speed cruiser!

71 Valiant 4dr is a N/A on the 4 spd.

You could get a 3 speed on the floor.

Without a tag or broadcast sheet that 4 speed is a tough sell for most to swallow.

:-Dtks.i will crawl under it and lookup the numbers on the tranny.that particular car has been tampered with so much i call it the box(in honour of the brick from mopar action)i dont mind its a keeper(along with my duster of course)as found it had;67 valiant front clip with fiberglass fender(cracked)held on with robertson, screw 3 door from a different 67 valiant,68 taillights and back bumper,67signet trunk lid,67 seatbelts,68 dash assembly(in dash key hidden by mounting tach on top of it)67 signet 2 door buckets,71 floor shift steering column with 67 steering wheel!3 inside door panel are 67 1 is 71, engine is a early sixty slant six,starter is pre60(no gear reduction)cast iron bellhousing and the underhood wiring is duct taped togheter a real beaty!!
p.s. its registered as a 67 under the 71 serial number!!(i will take care of that soon)
p.p.s. as im returning it to a 71,all the other parts will be up for grabs.

i put up 28 pics in my gallery kinda like a Asinyard special!i took some quick pics for now as everrything is soaked out here.when it dries i will pull each cars out,washe them)especially underhood and take more(better) pics

some of them

a-body quicky 008.jpg

a-body quicky 012.jpg

a-body quicky 029.jpg

The twister option was around for 73'. My father had one back when he was around my age.

I uploaded this from one of the links provided.

moparkink posted "This is a pic of a Twister from the Plymouth brochure of option packages for the '73 Duster."

twisterbrochure.jpg

-
Back