***Update 12/12/13 Issue Resolved***

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

DusterKrazy

Reaction score
I hate having to do this but I feel justification. If you bought a cam from last months "shop clean out thread", you will probably never see it. The funds were sent on November 23rd and I have sent two messages regarding this.
He was online both times.

I know some of you may say that it could have been worse than the $50, but $50 is extremely hard for a disabled person to come up with.

Just a heads up. I wouldn't want anyone else to get taken

I hope this gets resolved. I hate hearing this crap.

I agree. For a lot of us money is not easy to come by and we can not afford to throw it away. Hopefully this will get resolved. If nothing else use his feedback to warn others.

17 days ? I ship slow. I am disabled too and live 15 miles from anywhere. Somebody ever throws me under the bus for 17 days and I'll never sell anything again.

17 days ? I ship slow. I am disabled too and live 15 miles from anywhere. Somebody ever throws me under the bus for 17 days and I'll never sell anything again.

I agree with this, but if he did not answer two messages when he was on line I would feel the same way! It takes no time to answer someone and tell them what is going on.

I would give it a little more time before outing him, although he was on yesterday.

Let's see what he does DusterKrazy. He is a Gold Member and has good reviews, give it a little more time, maybe something jumped up at him in life.

Im also dealing with a similar situation here, but am giving the 2 parties until after the holidays to do the right thing before I rat them out! I am changing my way of doing business here however! Sucks because I'm usually a very trusting seller, but like you can't afford to have my $50 in someone else's hands then have them ignore me!

Hope your deal works out in the end! I would give him 30 days then its game on!! Geof

I am slow with my carburetor work. I let people know in advance and I also keep them posted with updates along the way. My disclaimer is "If you're in a hurry, I probably ain't your guy" lol.

I am slow with my carburetor work. I let people know in advance and I also keep them posted with updates along the way. My disclaimer is "If you're in a hurry, I probably ain't your guy" lol.

Hey Rob,a good job alwaysssssssss takes time.

That's called communication, a virtue that seems to be missing in the OP's situation, and mine as well!!

I do alot of buying & selling thru this Forum.
It really sucks when the buyer or seller drops the ball.
I will always give my contact phone numbers & address to the person I'm dealing with.
I want an open line of comunication with whoever I'm dealing with.

That being said, I have never have had a problem a buyer or selling. Lucky?

The one thing I ask myself, can I afford to lose this money, before I buy something from a forum sale.

It's not that hard to keep people updated and take 30 seconds to respond when you see a new message alert pop up. It's especially frustrating as the person who is waiting for a reply can see that the other one is or has been online and active. That's when it makes you feel like you are being blown off and when the frustration starts to set in.
If you say you are going to ship it tomorrow, then you should ship it tomorrow or at least send an update if you can't for some reason... or at the very least, have the courtesy to reply when the person asks for an update.
I've not been here long but have been doing quite a bit of buying so far.

Most people are pretty good about that stuff, I think.

The OP here has not gotten a single response from the sound of it so i think he is right to be feeling blown off. I'll bet the communication was going flawlessly up to the point of sending his money off!

You are not seeing the point RRR. The 17 days isn't bothering me. I just wanted to know if he shipped it or not....but he hasn't answered yet. It only takes a few seconds to type and say yes or no.

It's not that hard to keep people updated and take 30 seconds to respond when you see a new message alert pop up. It's especially frustrating as the person who is waiting for a reply can see that the other one is or has been online and active. That's when it makes you feel like you are being blown off and when the frustration starts to set in.
If you say you are going to ship it tomorrow, then you should ship it tomorrow or at least send an update if you can't for some reason... or at the very least, have the courtesy to reply when the person asks for an update.
I've not been here long but have been doing quite a bit of buying so far.

Most people are pretty good about that stuff, I think.

The OP here has not gotten a single response from the sound of it so i think he is right to be feeling blown off. I'll bet the communication was going flawlessly up to the point of sending his money off!

You have it nailed to a t. I wouldn't mind slow shipping at all as long as somebody could take the time to say whether they have shipped it or not.
I don't have money to throw away.

I stay in communication before and after selling anything. I then provide tracking info.

I have rebuilt my Dart after a crash using parts from FABO.. I have to save and hide money in a can in the garage. It took me 7 months and I still need tires... 50 bucks is a fortune to a poor man!

Really hope that this gets resolved. I have used this site several times when I get a little spending money. I am fearful the selling/buying feature on here will disappear. That would really hard the people that are doing right. Some parts are hard enough to come by, taking a resource like fabo out would make it far worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back