Update: FOUND in Ft. Worth STOLEN CAR ALERT from Pate Swap Meet

-

Oklacarcollecto

Life is an experiment
Reaction score
This isn't a Mopar but it could happen to any of us so let's keep an eye peeled.
:wack:
The post below is from a man that has his 1966 Ford Fairlane GTA stolen at the Pate Swap Meet in Texas.
Call him at 1-580-465-1519 if you see this car.

"Please help! Everybody in the Dallas / Ft. Worth, Texas area please be on the alert and be on the look out. I had my 1966 Ford Fairlane, GTA stolen at the Pate Swap Meet this morning!
Car is dark blue, with no windshield. It is a project car, non-running.

We were to pick it up this morning. When my son got there, it was gone! Witnesses said a white man, balding, in his forties, and his teenage son, took the car. They were driving a late model Chevy or possibly GMC flatbed truck, with a tan cover over the winch on the trailer. I have no license plate #s. Chances are that it is already in a garage somewhere, but, if you saw it, or see it, please, contact me asap with the information that you have!

I have attached a pic. It is not very good, but it will give a general idea of what the car looks like.

(I hate thieves with a passion!!!)"

Attachments

• Stolen 1966 Fairlane.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 514
People just have NO RESPECT any more!!!

I'll keep an eye out as well.

Sweet cars, one of my brothers had a 66 Fairlane GTA and the other had a 66 GT. Pain in the A _ _ to put headers on.

He knows the time and date, check the cameras
in the area.

He knows the time and date, check the cameras
in the area.

I am sure he is looking based off all the places he is posting information on the internet. Pate is huge and on an outlaying area so camera shots there may not be easy to find.

Attachments

• 12%20psmcc%20018_w600_h400.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 733
  • 12%20psmcc%20017_w600_h400.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 446
  • 12%20psmcc%20015_w600_h400.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 465
  • 12%20psmcc%20019_w600_h400.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 591
Most of the big car meets and large events
I've been to control entrance and exit.
All large events are videoed by the grounds and
the insurer for liability purposes.
He may have to press the event owners to get involved.

If he finds out who insured the event and presents
it as his next step in the investigation, usually the
event owner becomes more forthcoming with info.

Sounds like an inside job. As if somebody knew a man and his son were supposed to pick it up. Hope they find it.

I guess the car was getting too hot to hang on to... Thanks to the power of the internet the car has been recovered in Ft. Worth. The owner is in route to get it now.

"No they didn't get him he dropped the car off and called my dad blocked and apologized his off. My dad had posted on one of the car forums and almost immediately the guy called"

Well that's cool. Don't see this too often.

A rare happy ending, I would still be all over the facility and event organizers cameras to try and catch the perps. Lead poisoning sounds justified to me, I got lots of shovels if ya need one, No questions asked.

I'm so glad to hear that! It's so rare to find anything swiped these days. Now, if we could just impose some "car guy" justice on the perp...

So glad the car is going home. Thieves should be hung.

Update video with some interesting details of the theft and recovery.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41nC8xPwnAI&feature=youtube"]Stolen Car Update-- Wow-- Unbelievable - YouTube[/ame]

Great to hear!!!! Now track him down and teach him and his son a lesson. Crime does not pay!!!

I hope they catch them, someone needs to take a bit of their "hide" and pin it to the barn door so they don't forget you DON'T MESS WITH TEXANS AND THEIR CARS.

-
Back