UPDATE - Looks so good but ya can't shut the hood

-
I just dropped in to say I sure wish someone would start reproducing pie pans again.
True. What people want for beat up originals is just ridiculous.
I did find a new 440 TNT for my Chrysler New Yorker for $50.00.

20200312_172640.jpg

The 70-71 air cleaner is already pretty flat or low looking IMO. Oh well time for a Super Stock hood right? :)
I like the way you think.
O.P., You could take a page out of the '68 Super Stock Hemi A-Bodies and put 1'' aluminum spacers under the frame between the
K-member and the frame to lower the engine in the engine compartment, and no one will know unless they look!
Cheap and dirty...

Agreed, I do what I need to or want to on my cars. Hack it up to make it work if you need to.
I did on my air cleaner base on my Roached Runner to clear the taller Edelbrock intake and 2 stage nitrous plate.

View attachment 1716304920

View attachment 1716304921
For as rare as those seem to be and the money they are commanding, especially as one that looks as good as yours does, it would be wise to go another route.

I have a 70-71 that needs restoration, it looks fairly well used. I was told it was worth $350 USD minimum.

I used a 70 one on my duster with a LD340 and a street demon carb, its the only air cleaner I had that would clear the hood.

Guessing I was being a little girl - went out there & looked a lot closer with light under the hood while closing & doing the tin foil crush thing - hood latches without touching . Was afraid of bending the hood. Had to let you all know.

I did same thing when I had the dual quad on the 273. Tight fit!
Better safe then sorry.
Guessing I was being a little girl - went out there & looked a lot closer with light under the hood while closing & doing the tin foil crush thing - hood latches without touching . Was afraid of bending the hood. Had to let you all know.

-
Back