Update On Laysons Problem

-

1969340dart

Reaction score
Well back in 7/06 I received the wrong seat cover from Laysons! There mistake! I ordered one for a 69 Dart Swinger and received one for a Dart GT /GTS.Laysons gave me a rash of **** on a return.Finally I got a call from Dave at Laysons 2/07! Received a return number and was told to ship it back to Legendary Interiors! I call Legendery and talk to a guy I am not going to post his name! He tells me He needs to do some checking before I send it back to them.I get a call back from him today and says do not ship it back to us! It has to go to Laysons and they will refund your money not us.Reason is because Laysons gets a big discount and Legendary is not going to refund me what I paid for it! I tell the guy at Legendary it is not a problem for me to just keep the seat cover and hang it on the wall to remind me to NEVER DEAL WITH LAYSONS AGAIN! I refuse to get upset over this due to the fact I am a heart patient and I am not supposed to get stressed out or upset.Causes major problems for me! Could even make my pacemaker /Difibulator Discharge and that hurts like HELL so I aint going there!LOL The guy from Legendary tells me they can't even get Dave from Laysons to call them about this deal.Also tells me some other things I cannot repeat at this time.You can read between the lines and probably come up with a good guess! I tell the guy from Legendary that I just look at the positive side! I have a brand new black rear seat cover for a 69 Dodge Dart GT/ GTS.Hell I might just buy me one that needs a rear seat cover so I can use this damn thing.Hell I already have 3 Darts one more won't hurt! I do still want another Dart but I wanted a 68 because I don't have a 68! but I already have the 69 Dart GT /GTS seat cover! WHAT WOULD YOU DO!LOL I am not going to call Laysons and give them a rash of **** like I would normally do in a case like this! because I would just get upset! And I REFUSE TO LET THIS UPSET ME OR MAKE ME MAD! Actually I sort of think it is getting PRETTY DAMN FUNNY!I never seen so much BULLSHIT over a damn seat cover! If a refund for a seat cover is going to BANKRUPT LAYSONS I would gladly just return the seat cover to them and they can resell it so they can stay in business!LOL They don't even have to give me a refund! I will just DONATE it to them POOR FOLKS! To all the people that work at LAYSONS! If a refund on a seat cover is going to hurt Laysons financially YOU PEOPLE MAY WANT TO SEEK EMPLOYMENT ELSEWHERE! I would say that LAYSONS is pretty unstable financially! LOL One thing I can assure LAYSONS on is the fact that the cost of the seat cover is not going to disturb me financially! I will not miss a meal,my electricity will not be disconnected, My Dear Wife will not miss getting her hair or nails done ontime! But there are GOOD HONEST HARD WORKING PEOPLE out there that can be affected by something like this happening to them.Some people have a tighter budget than others and $200.00 bucks can throw a wrench in there project. So LAYSONS you need to LISTEN UP! It is people like us that keep you in business! You screw too many of us over and you will be hurting financially because people will not want to do business with a Company that plays these types of games! I am going to make it my GOAL to spread the word of how I have been treated by LAYSONS in hopes that another person don't get SCREWED OVER!

ALSO! I would like to mention the fact that HUTCHFISH a member of this site did try to get Laysons to do the right thing He is the reason Dave even called me at all about this problem. So Thanks to you HUTCHFISH for trying to help me out that was very nice of you.

Bobby Dodson

Unfortunately Laysons sells some items that no one else has. If that wasn't the case, people wouldn't gamble by buying anything from him.

I've bought a few things from Laysons but both times I went in there in person with my list and only bought what they had in stock. There was no way I was going to pay for things that would be on back order due to Laysons terrible reputation.

If you can afford to lose the money spent at Laysons, then you can afford to shop there.

They still owe me money. It pisses me off that they charge you for back orders,and then ignore you.
Why the hell did they keep calling me and asking me if I still wanted my order? If I didnl't want it I wouldn't have ordered it.

I don't mind paying a higher price for stuff I want/need, but if it is not replacement quality, or if you NEVER GET WHAT YOU ORDER, then why try to deal with them in the first place?

Did I mention they still owe me money?

If I NEVER get the money they owe me, I will at least get the satisfaction of telling everyone (that I possibly can) that Layson's is not a good place to do business with. Do not listen to their excuses.

You might be able to deal with them in person (to a certain degree) but not thru the mail/internet........NO WAY!

If you can afford to lose the money spent at Laysons, then you can afford to shop there.[/QUOTE]

Too bad Layson's "may" use an excuse like that! :wack: Any good company wouldn't want their customers to feel that way about their business (and were just not talking about a few). But I hear ya! People work hard for their cash, (well most anyways).....Remember "Dave" what go's around, come's around. :pirat:

When I have this happen I have my credit card company charege them back. I HATE getting screwed too, Been there done that. Always use your credit card, and if the merchant fails to deliver you can have the credit card company file a dispute and get you money back in less than 30 days.

Hope this helps.

Man I would be *&%(*!@$ if that happened to me Bobby! and Glow Worm.
Probably would drive a 1000 iles with a bumper jack in hand if you get my drift??? :wack:

Sorry for your problems with Layson's. But I appreciate the heads up since I will be buying carpet and seat covers sometime this year. At least now I know where I WON'T buy them.

I have probably spent about $100.00 with Laysons throughout the last couple years.,Only at a car show though.So it was cash and carry.After reading Bobby and glow worms threads(and the knuckle head trying to sell parts on the side) I am officially done with laysons.

They will get zilch,zero,nada,penny from me ever again.I dont care how bad I need a part,I guarantee I will find it elsewhere.

See Bobby,it is working already.........

Case closed...........................

The guy working on the side is HUTCHFISH! I give him credit for calling me and then talking to management at LAYSONS.So he tried really hard to help me out.He may be very well a really good guy to deal with so don't cut him short.He did state that his deals had nothing to do with Laysons other than the merchandise comes from there,he states he has authority to cut the deals,and he personally handles all orders!.So If he can cut you a deal go for it.Give him a try. If not for him it never would have gone this far.I just wanted to make everyone aware of my deal and how sour it has gone. I hate to see the people that work hard get a RAW DEAL! As I said the cost of the seat cover will not hurt me financially like it may some people on a really tight budget,not that I am rich! because I am certainly not.But I did save for my retirement and hard times when I worked hard and made real good $$$!

Also in my earlier years before my heartattacks and heart surgery I would have drove 2000 miles to see MR. DAVE in PERSON,and get the problem corrected ONE WAY OR ANOTHER.Meaning I would have either received a cash refund or headed back to TEXAS with enough *** to mount on the wall for a trophy! But I can't do things like that anymore! What a bummer I sure do miss all the fun!LOL I just have to be MELLOW and CALM nowdays! The only time I get the heart really pumping is when I am burning tires and shifting gears!LOL I need to figure out a way to hook this pacemaker /difibulator to the ignition system so if it FIRES It will create some EXTRA SPARK! LOL

Bobby Dodson

1969340dart said:
The guy working on the side is HUTCHFISH! I give him credit for calling me and then talking to management at LAYSONS.So he tried really hard to help me out.He may be very well a really good guy to deal with so don't cut him short.He did state that his deals had nothing to do with Laysons other than the merchandise comes from there,he states he has authority to cut the deals,and he personally handles all orders!.So If he can cut you a deal go for it.Give him a try. If not for him it never would have gone this far.

I suspect HUTCHFISH realised he was fighting an uphill battle with Laysons. How telling is it when a person works there, and to try to help out others, becomes a customer of Laysons yet can't get any traction with his 'inside' connection?? Wow, that speaks volumes of the organization. Since HUTCHFISH hasn't posted in over 5 weeks, he's vanished like a fart in the wind.

H22A4 said:
Since HUTCHFISH hasn't posted in over 5 weeks, he's vanished like a fart in the wind.

That right there is the only problem that I have with him. I wouldn't have decided to stay away if he would have at least kept us up to date on what the story was or even if he said "I have no idea I've been really busy". I would respect bad news more than being lied to or being left in the dark.

Did dave take criminology 101 in college, or does he just keep trying to find new and improved ways to screw people out of their money.

I'll bet the reason you can never get the guy on the phone is because he most likely spends most of his time in small claims court.
It's mindboggling that this guy is not in a 8x10 cell by now.

ditto that on layson's sucking sausage. i was stoked to hear about them years ago, ahhh the first a-body company! once i dealt with them 4-5 times, i called it quits. dave just doesn't care. he has investors that he has to show numbers to, so swallow that corporate **** dave.............

Someone had a problem with Laysons? I'm shocked!:evil2:
I read the Moparts board regularly and at least once a month somebody is getting screwed by Laysons,they have the absolutely worst reputation for customer service i have ever seen!
I never dealt with them and never will!

They must be in ca-hoots with UPS....I ordered (at the same time) from Layson's a few years back. Bought a few 'small" items and the shipper sent them not as one order, but two, on two different days. (So I now get dinged twice for duty & deliveries from UPS) :angry4: Believe me, that add's up when coming into Canada. But...I should be happy "I" even got the parts!!! (they must have been kinda better two years ago) :lol: :lol:

NEW UPDATE ON LAYSONS!

Well folks and fine Mopar Owners.I have to add that Laysons finally sent me a refund on the seat cover.A guy by the name of Rick Keesler who works for Laysons contacted me and worked really hard to make things right and Saturday I received my refund check for the full purchase price of the seat cover that was sent that was incorrect.Rick Keesler seems to be a super nice fellow and I think is in charge of internet sales.So If you deal with Rick Keesler you will be treated right.Thank you Rick and thanks to Laysons for correcting the problem.If not for Rick Keesler though I am not sure what would have happened.Rick is a stand up guy in my book and I will try Laysons again for parts but I think I would like to deal with Rick if possible.Laysons has some parts that are hard to find and I know that they have had a few problems in the past but give Rick Keesler a chance to show you what he can do.Maybe he can set us up with some Group buys to start with to build everyones confidence up.

Thanks

Bobby Dodson

Thanks for the update, but personally, I will need to hear about twenty or so more of theese positive stories before I would consider (chancing) a purchase.

Rick is a member here and tries real hard to keep solve all the problems with Laysons customers on here and Moparts.

A big thumbs up to Rick.

Dave however will never run his business right.

I dont know who i talked to the other day at Laysons, but he finally admitted they dont make two of the parts ive been waiting over a year for. Usually id ask "do you guys even make these parts" and the answer would be "oh yes, were just waiting for our venders". This guy i talked to said the parts im waiting for are gonna be done sometime later. I couldnt get mad at him, its dave who makes the call to lie in his catalog that he has a part in production. I need only a hand full of parts from him, then im done with laysons. yes he makes some rare parts, but that doesnt give him the right to lie about having those items in production.

I understand that people are going to have concerns about dealing with Laysons.I just wanted to pass along the information about Rick Keesler being a hard working stand up guy.Personally I think if you deal with Rick you will be treated as a customer should.He was honest with me and he was the driving force behind me getting my refund.I am unable to say that about some folks but I will say it about Rick Keesler.Give him a try and see what he can do for you.I will certainly use Rick for parts in the future!

NEW UPDATE ON LAYSONS!

Well folks and fine Mopar Owners.I have to add that Laysons finally sent me a refund on the seat cover.A guy by the name of Rick Keesler who works for Laysons contacted me and worked really hard to make things right and Saturday I received my refund check for the full purchase price of the seat cover that was sent that was incorrect.Rick Keesler seems to be a super nice fellow and I think is in charge of internet sales.So If you deal with Rick Keesler you will be treated right.Thank you Rick and thanks to Laysons for correcting the problem.If not for Rick Keesler though I am not sure what would have happened.Rick is a stand up guy in my book and I will try Laysons again for parts but I think I would like to deal with Rick if possible. Laysons has some parts that are hard to find and I know that they have had a few problems in the past but give Rick Keesler a chance to show you what he can do.Maybe he can set us up with some Group buys to start with to build everyones confidence up.

Thanks

Bobby Dodson

You`ve got that right , Rick is the better part of Laysons. He does his very best to fix all that`s wrong there. If you deal with Laysons via the internet (Ebay) you`ll be sure to deal with Rick. I`ve dealt with Rick on many occasions, even before he went to Layson`s. He has always been the most consciencious dealer I`ve ever had the pleasure of working with. Apart from Rick, Laysons still has some issues, but as someone said there are just some things that Laysons stocks that no one else does. So sometimes you just have to grin and bear it. Laysons is like cough medicine; if you can get past the bad taste it just might do you some good. I just bought a pair of tail light bezels about a month ago from Rick (Laysons) and it was a breeze. :-\"

id like to see this "stickied" or whatever you call it. along with jims auto parts. seems to come up alot. i know ill never use laysons unless i also hear alot more good things.
i just bought door panel clips from year one. $26 + shipping for a total of $34 for 24 clips. laysons would have been around $18 for the clips.
i hope laysons reads these threads and maybe gets their s#$t together. they seem to have alot of nice stuff

NO WAY would i thank someone for fixing this mess over year after it should have been fixed.

Exactly my thoughts.....it should have been fixed within a week or how ever long it tokk to be shipped back to them. The only way I buy anything from them (Layson's) is if they are at the show or swap meet and have it on hand. Cash and Carry is the only way to keep your sanity with those jokers.

-
Back