Update on my Rotted Hoosiers. Pics included

-
69S383FB said:
Never really been a big Hoosier fan anyway. I bought M/T's for mine. I don't buy from Summit anymore as I found the people at Jeg's to be much friendlier and more willing to help.

I have had a few items that needed to be returned with a no-problem-type-attitude.

Don't stop at, not buying another set from summit, stop buying anything from Summit.

Jeg's phone number... 1-800-345-4545

Summit, you reading this ? I hope so....

I have been buying stuff from summit for years and never had problems returning anything. I have had stuff that I had bolted on the motor decided I didn't want it and sent it back with no problems.

Tim

AdamR said:
I have a Jegs book arund here some were. By the way, What type of car does Jegs run know ? :wink:
Apparently Jeg is into a little of everything. I saw him racing a SS Hemi Dart replica a couple of months ago. That really surprised me. Pretty cool though! :D

69S383FB said:
I don't buy from Summit anymore as I found the people at Jeg's to be much friendlier and more willing to help.

I have had a few items that needed to be returned with a no-problem-type-attitude.

Don't stop at, not buying another set from summit, stop buying anything from Summit.

Jeg's phone number... 1-800-345-4545

Summit, you reading this ? I hope so....

I agree 100% :thumrigh:

well they arent alone here is what M/T says on warrentee

Q: What kind of warranty is offered on Mickey Thompson drag tires?
A: There is no warranty offered on any tires used for racing.

I have a set of M&H that sat locked up in my cuda in the sun for 20 years that arent that checked and cracked

can you really blame them......if they offered a warranty, theyd go out of business..... so it looks like your going to have to take the loss, but thats no excuse for a crappy tire, and bad press will be much worse for them....i know im not getting hoosiers later this year lol :tongue:

BadAssDodge said:
can you really blame them......if they offered a warranty, theyd go out of business..... so it looks like your going to have to take the loss, but thats no excuse for a crappy tire, and bad press will be much worse for them....i know im not getting hoosiers later this year lol :tongue:
Sorry but I can't say I agree with you BAD. I understand they can't warranty race tires against blowing out, tread coming apart, etc. but I see no reason they can't offer a limited warranty against dry rot for a yr. I don't expect there should be a warranty against wear or damage caused from something impacting them but dry rotted in 9 months is rediculous. They probably set in a warehouse somewhere for several yrs. or the rubber was just defective. (Yes rubber can be defective). That should be the only reason they should be dry rotted in 9 months. I have dealt with companies that don't want to loose any money so they sell out dated or defective junk as new when they sould have scrapped it. It may not even be Hoosiers fault. May be Summits. They might have had them in their w'house for who knows how long. Either way about it don't sound right to pay good money for something and in less than 1/4 of the normal time they are dryrotted junk.

Tire manufacturers now are trained to spot problems. :book: Not just guess at it. :scratch: The tire mfg. we deal with can tell right away if the tire was defective or a customer problem caused it.

A manufacture's warranty is the same no matter where you purchase the tires from. If you would have purchased them from anywhere else, you would have gotten the same reply. I see by the photo on your posts that this car obviously sits outside during the winter. This is something you have failed to mention to everyone. As there is no snow under the car, it is obvious it had been outside awhile, possibly under a cover? A simple web search came up with Hoosier's direct phone number as 1-800-365-1955 they may not handle e-mails with utmost importance I would suggest calling them instead. I think it is always best to talk to someone if you have a problem instead of firing off e-mails or web forums. I have never had any problems with Summit. And if I had a single problem with as many positive experiences that I've had with them, I would not assume they had the ability to help me but were choosing not to.

In the words of Dennis Miller, "That's just my opinion, I could be wrong"

First welcome to the board.

Yes that car sat outside this winter. I never said it didnt. Most on the board know the car wasnt garaged.

My truck also sat outside this winter. Those tires didnt dryout. Neither did the tires on my wifes car.

As for you never hearing anything bad about SummitRacing I find that hard to believe seeing your email addres is to Summits support center.
I would have alot of postative things to say about them to if I got a pay check from them every week. :thumrigh:

As a little support Adam here are 2 pics of a set of M&H slicks that sat in the back of my cuda under the back glass uncovered for close to 20 years (in the Iowa summer sun) and they don't look as bad as yours .... you definately have a legitimate gripe

P1010001.JPG

P1010002.JPG

just remembered that my chevelle :pukel: was standing outside a whole winter on its MT tires and those could take it...

prblmslver said:
A manufacture's warranty is the same no matter where you purchase the tires from. If you would have purchased them from anywhere else, you would have gotten the same reply. I see by the photo on your posts that this car obviously sits outside during the winter. This is something you have failed to mention to everyone. As there is no snow under the car, it is obvious it had been outside awhile, possibly under a cover? A simple web search came up with Hoosier's direct phone number as 1-800-365-1955 they may not handle e-mails with utmost importance I would suggest calling them instead. I think it is always best to talk to someone if you have a problem instead of firing off e-mails or web forums. I have never had any problems with Summit. And if I had a single problem with as many positive experiences that I've had with them, I would not assume they had the ability to help me but were choosing not to.

In the words of Dennis Miller, "That's just my opinion, I could be wrong"

Whether or not this guy is a summit employee, he does make a good point that is being over looked. If you would have gone to a local tire shop like tire's plus, goodyear store or what ever they aren't going to warranty those kinda of tires either. Although to keep your business I can gaurntee they would worked with you to give you a deal on another set. The fact the summit won't do anything to help is pretty sh*tty of them. How many different people did you talk to at summit? If I was turned down by one of their phone jockeys I would have called back to talk to someone else that knew what they were doing and if that went no where I would have started to ask to talk to managers or someone in charge. But I am kinda of an A$$hole like that I would have bitched till something was done. If not to summit than on to Hoosier. Also forget that email BS you call them up and *****!!!!!!

:roll: I was suspicious of prblmslvr from his very first sentence.
I agree with mopardude, I always ask for the manager.
They seem to care a little more or know how and where to
elevate the problem too.

Call Hoosier Directly!!!!! :thumrigh:

That tire deal is screwed up.
I think they need to go through A hoosier window.
Never seen tires that can't withstand the winter.
Poor design is all I can figure. My garage isn't heated and most others aren't either, and a lot of people store their cars in their trailers. Are we all expected to buy these tires then install a climate controlled room to keep them in and only install them just before you drive on them then take them back off and put them back in the climate controlled vacuum chamber?

AdamR said:
As for you never hearing anything bad about SummitRacing I find that hard to believe seeing your email addres is to Summits support center.
I would have alot of postative things to say about them to if I got a pay check from them every week. :thumrigh:

booom.jpg

I won't buy anything from Summit again, I have used them for years and have had problems w/ them sending the wrong parts on several occasions. They did correct the problems promptly, But if they are coming onto this site posing as a Summit customer instead of a summit employee, I will send my money somewhere else.

Any tire that dry rots within a year is a piece of SH-T. The first thing I would do is check the serial # on the tires w/ Hoosier, that will tell you when they were manufacured, and whether the problem is faulty rubber or old tires.

ok well maybe i wasnt 100% right, saying that they cant offer a warranty....a limited warranty sounds more like it. And yes you should at least get a deal on a new set, maybe get them at wholesale or less.

Man, that's pretty bad :shock: Too bad summit has to be such a pu$$y about this,Jegs will be getting all my business from now on.

screw that, ive just started opening accounts with the manufactures directly........NO MORE MIDDLE MAN........i ordered my pick up tube and oil pan for my vega from summit in the begining of febuary, i got the pan but the pick up was back ordered...well 2 months later and no pick up and milodon said they were released over 2 weeks ago.....screw them......if i wanted to get fuc&ed id ask my wife...........................

I bought tires through mail order once (not from Summit)... I'll never do it again. There are just too many things that can go wrong, and you have very little recourse. Essentially, once they are mounted on the rims, you are on your own. Neither the manufacturer, nor the retailer will want to listen to your complaints. They usually try to blame the installer. :scratch:

I got my Bf Goodrich Drag radials from Jegs . No problems.
Sat in my unheated garage which is one of those big tent thingies.
No rot, no cracks. :thumrigh:

I do not know who prblmslvr is but I assure you that he does not work here or if he does, he was not told to post a reply to this forum. I am a Supervisor at Summit and I am trying to help Adam with his Hoosier problem. Adam, I have sent you two e-mails, please reply. If anybody has had a problem with Summit where you feel you need to take your business elsewhere, I hope you gave us a chance to rectify the situation. Like one of the members posted, if you do not feel the service rep you are speaking to is doing everything he can for you, ask to talk to his supervisor. Not that we condone it, but everyone has a bad day every once in awhile. All service reps are given the same authority to resolve a situation that supervisors are given. We believe that customer satisfaction is what earns customer loyalty above everything else. Adam, when this is handled to your satisfaction, please make sure to post that we took care of this situation the same as you did when you felt we were not being helped.

Thank you,
Summit Racing

I'm glad to see this from Summit. I've bought a lot of stuff from Summit in the past, and have never had a problem with the parts or the customer service, I was kind of surprised to hear about Adam's problem here.

Hopefully they'll do the right thing by you, Adam, and you'll get this worked out soon.

And kudos to "SummitRacing" for taking to time to not only deal with this problem, but for coming here to publicly acknowledge the problem and take action on it.

:thumrigh:

Adam - keep us updated.

SummitRacing - a bunch of discount codes for the For A-Bodies Only members are in order, I think. :D :wink:

-
Back