Update on my Rotted Hoosiers. Pics included

-

AdamR

Big Member
Reaction score
Summit Racing says theres no Warranty and Im out of luck. Hoosier has yet to reply to my emails. From the feedback I'm getting on Moparts this is a common problem with Hoosiers tires.

Heres some pictures of what $500 worth of useless tires looks like. Looks like I'll be buying some M/T Drag radials from some one other then Summit. After the thousand of dollars I've spent with them god forbid they even offer replace 2 of them.

dryrot1.jpg

dryrot2.jpg

dryrot4.jpg

dryrot5.jpg

dryrot6.jpg

That suxs big time :( See what response you get from Hoosier. Then threaten them with the force of FABO's 900+ :twisted:
Make them a sugestion they can't refuse :twisted: :twisted:

onehellofadart said:
That suxs big time :( See what response you get from Hoosier. Then threaten them with the force of FABO's 900+ :twisted:
Make them a sugestion they can't refuse :twisted: :twisted:

Did I say that :shock: Actually explain to them nicely. There is power in numbers :mrgreen:

By the way, No were on Summits site does it say the tires are sold with out Warranty.

Are the tires cracked on both sides or just the outside of the tire..Is there any cracking in between the treads or just on the sidewall?

onehellofadart said:
You might have better leverage with Summit. I would think 90%
of this board has bought something from them.

True! I am surprised they weren't willing to help.

i shoulldnt have ordered a new set of hoosiers if i had knew they suck this bad.... should have stayed with MT :(

Larry Mustang 360 said:
Are the tires cracked on both sides or just the outside of the tire..Is there any cracking in between the treads or just on the sidewall?

I didnt check the insides or the tread yet. It doesnt really matter anyways. I wont drive them like this.

AdamR said:
Larry Mustang 360 said:

I didnt check the insides or the tread yet. It doesnt really matter anyways. I wont drive them like this.

sounds like the safest thing to do! tires that blow makes some real damage... remember a friends d u s t e r after a tire blew up took the crome away :cry:

I'd be surprised if Summit would actually do anything. After all they are only a retailer, they don't make them. Now Hoosier on the other hand should be willing to cut some off the price of a new pair for you. I had an odd problem with a set of M/T ET slicks once, ran them all season but they wore unevenly. M/T offered me a half price deal on another set. Couldn't beat that with a stick, but I had to ask.

Hoosier hasnt gotten back to me yet. But it was Summit who sold me the tires. They should be the ones dealing with Hoosier.

They are defective and its a serious saftey hazard were talking about. Theres no mention of the fact that the tires have no waranty on Summits web site either.

Im real pissed here. I cant afford to drop over $500 on a set of tires every year here. I bought what I thought was a good qaulity tire for a reason. If I wanted something that would fall apart in 6 months I would have bought pep boy specails. :shaking2:

Hey if your just going to throw them out ill take em. If ya can try to find out shiping to 66061. I have ran ALOT worse on my trucks. But Im thinking roll around tires for some cars. Also how tall are those?

crazy71demon said:
Hey if your just going to throw them out ill take em. If ya can try to find out shiping to 66061. I have ran ALOT worse on my trucks. But Im thinking roll around tires for some cars. Also how tall are those?

They are 28" tal and 10.5" tread width. They have a 13"section width so they really need a 10" rim.

It will be a month or so till I have the money for new tires though.

Adam, if you go with M/T's I'll tell you where to buy them. I got my set for $260. Go to ebay and type in "drag radial" there's a guy with a buy it now for $270 on 275/60/15 he will take $260 if you call.

Brett, Thanks. I already have him saved in my favorite sellers. :thumbrig:

AdamR said:
crazy71demon said:

They are 28" tal and 10.5" tread width. They have a 13"section width so they really need a 10" rim.

It will be a month or so till I have the money for new tires though.
Cool im not worried about the time just dident want to see em head fr the trash. BTW it sucks that they did that sorry man.

Adam what you bought was a drag slick with a DOT tread pattern, I think in fairness to Hoosier they don't expect people to use these thing day to day, they are a dry summers tire.
I'd see what customer service at Hoosier say via a phone call, you might explain to them they will get some very 'bad press' over this and maybe they will give you a break?
All these tires have zero warrenty for street use though.
Personally I'd never consider driving even out my garage on those things after my first experiences with them.
Bias ply tires belong in the past

tweety said:
Adam what you bought was a drag slick with a DOT tread pattern, I think in fairness to Hoosier they don't expect people to use these thing day to day, they are a dry summers tire.

Andy I only drive this thing once or twice a week from Late April to early Oct. I now they arent the most street friendly things in the world. The few times I drove on them they were fine. they didnt handle all that bad. I know the car isnt set up to take corners fast or run over pot holes.

Im on a very limited budget here so I bought a tire that would work fine on the street for the amount I drive it and wouldnt require me to have a second set of tires for the track.

Regardless of how these tires handle on the street the sidewall should not have dried out 9 months after I bought them. I have Bias ply tires off of a parts car that have been sitting out side for years that dont have any dry rotting on them.

Never really been a big Hoosier fan anyway. I bought M/T's for mine. I don't buy from Summit anymore as I found the people at Jeg's to be much friendlier and more willing to help.

I have had a few items that needed to be returned with a no-problem-type-attitude.

Don't stop at, not buying another set from summit, stop buying anything from Summit.

Jeg's phone number... 1-800-345-4545

Summit, you reading this ? I hope so....

I have a Jegs book arund here some were. By the way, What type of car does Jegs run know ? :wink:

-
Back