Update on my Rotted Hoosiers. Pics included

-
mikelbeck said:
I'm glad to see this from Summit. I've bought a lot of stuff from Summit in the past, and have never had a problem with the parts or the customer service, I was kind of surprised to hear about Adam's problem here.

Hopefully they'll do the right thing by you, Adam, and you'll get this worked out soon.

And kudos to "SummitRacing" for taking to time to not only deal with this problem, but for coming here to publicly acknowledge the problem and take action on it.

:thumrigh:

Adam - keep us updated.

SummitRacing - a bunch of discount codes for the For A-Bodies Only members are in order, I think. :D :wink:

Same here! Like I said you just got to keep bitchin until you find the right person! :twisted: I second the discount idea! There are a lot of pissed of people here that need to be calmed down! Plus I have an order or too I need to make!

I commend a Summit rep for coming on here and facing the music so to speak. But that is all the kudo's I will give for now. The rest have to wait until Adam is happy. Whether Summit or Hoosier comes through is yet to be seen.
I have only ordered one thing from Summit. It was a tranny manual for approx. $23. By the time I got it in my hands it cost over $60. I guess that is what I get for living in Canada.

Jack

Thank you Summit for the reply. :thumrigh: Adam shame on you for not replying to his E-mails :tongue:

i usually order from Jeg's, but that's just because i always have my order the next day or at the latest, the day after that....

but that could be a shipping thing.....or the extra 100 miles.....i dunno

the only problem with ordering from either is that i have to wait for ordering until i have a large order.....not going to pay $9-10 for handling on a 5.00 part......

Well I throw a bone in for Summit.

I live in Elko so I'm just down the street (figuratively speaking) from their Branch in Sparks. Not only have I been very happy with everything I have purchased, twice now I have ordered something early in the morning (4am-ish) and it has been at my house when I got home. Not bad for free shipping ehh fellas. When I lived in Montana it was next day always.

Good to see that Summit took Adam's complaint seriously. I bet they make it right.

Heres whats going on. Right now Summit Racing and Hoosier our looking in to the problem. Hoosier needed the DOT #s off my sidewall to check there age.

Summit has offered me a discount on a new set of tires. While its appreciated I dont have 2 cents to my name at the moment so its not going to help right now.

So how did Summit find this thread? Did you send them a link and try to threaten use the power of FABO against them?

ok, ok, we got Summit will to anti-up. Poor Adam doesn't have two nickels. Well that's a problem, cause he can't get his fine ride movin with two nickels.

We are all in this together, so, I will donate to Adam some $$$ to help him get his tires. Who has big enough onions to help out a guy who has helped us all out at one time or another. No, I'm not rich by anymeans, but if we all chip in to help..we can help out one of the good guys!!!

Who's in with me ?

Adam, i hadn't the first clue about this nonsense; guess i haven't talked to you in a bit. Give me a call. Hope this works out somehow....yeah, what 69S383FB said.....Let's all see what we can drum up here... :thumrigh:

69S383FB said:
ok, ok, we got Summit will to anti-up. Poor Adam doesn't have two nickels. Well that's a problem, cause he can't get his fine ride movin with two nickels.

We are all in this together, so, I will donate to Adam some $$$ to help him get his tires. Who has big enough onions to help out a guy who has helped us all out at one time or another. No, I'm not rich by anymeans, but if we all chip in to help..we can help out one of the good guys!!!

Who's in with me ?

We have all been in this position at least once with no one to turn too.
We are a Brotherhood. Lets help a brother.
And if you don't have alot, a little will help. It all adds up :thumleft:

The latest from Summit Racing.

I asked about a pair of 275/60/15 M/T drag Radials

They are normally $172.95 ea I can sell them at $122.95 ea.

$245.90 to your door.

Let me know what Hoosier comes back with.

However the tires are listed on there web site for $159.95 not $172.95

Just curious....

When you called Summit, did you get a chance to speak with the Supervisor that replied on this web site. If you did, that kinda says it all... If not, give him an opportunity to sink or swim.

He will either exonerate Summit or put a nail in their coffin (for me). Offering the $26.00 discount that they have is hardly an effort on their part.

Just a thought....

Good luck !

i just ordered from summit, and they gave me $20 off my next order AND a free Summit hat.....

maybe those were supposed to be sent to Adam????

:poke:

Hey - I just ordered a bunch of stuff from Summit and got nothing! No discount, no hat, nothing! :shock:

Sorry, I have a bad habit of hijacking threads :D

hijacked.gif

We now bring you to your regularly scheduled post ;)

I think he was looking at the wrong tires. he asked me for the part #.

Hoosier got back to me. They want me to send them the tires so they cant check them. Then they will decide what to do. So Im supposed to pull the tires off the car, Have them dismounted, Ship them to Hoosier and wait. All on my dime. I dont think so.

are hoosier totaly lost? i will have to make a bournoutparty with my new hoosier in a place no one ellse can se me... and then buy a new set of ´MT or MH

-
Back