Update on my Rotted Hoosiers. Pics included

-
As I've said before...I've ordered Mega $$$ from Jegs and yes we have had to have some returns...no problem.
I used to be a Summit customer years ago and spent just about as much, but switched over to Jegs. Nicer people, shorter wait times on the phone...
But, that's jut my opinion.

1-800-345-4545
Jegs

Good luck with yours...

onehellofadart said:
AdamR said:
$290 for the 275-60-15s

:shock: Delivered?
I was Shtooped

$10 shipping.

Summit is sending me a nice gift certificate, Im very satisfied with them, they did all they could for me and always kept in touch. Hoosier is going to be sending a call tag soon for the tires.

So what was the final outcome? I had a pair of M/H's from the 60's that looked almost as bad...

Summit gave me $100, Hoosier stopped returning emails. I bought a set of M/T ET Street radials this time.

Something else you might check. I'm sure the guy on ebay is Jack McCormack Racing in Lincoln Park Mich. He offered me the same $250 price on my et drag radials. I took that offer to Discount Tire and they matched it. I would have gone to jack's but its an hour from me (you know, gas prices). But Discount Tire matched it without even showing them anything in writing. I got my tires, only had to drive a couple of miles to get them mounted and balanced. Something to think about. Oh, by the way, these mothers HOOK! Good luck.

Thats who I got my M/Ts from, McCormick. I got them shipped to my door for $300

You know my sister in law is a lawyer and in cases like this, if you don't get any satisfaction you can always threaten small claims court, companies really hate this route because 1) It takes time, 2) They can't have a lawyer(represent themselves) 3) it is always easier to make you satisfied without court. just fyi

Think the problem was the tires sat around Summits warehouse for a while. I wont put the blame on anyone. It could have been handled better by bolth sides however.

Adam,

Sorry I'm just seeing this thread now, I haven't been poking around here lately.
There is a Hoosier dealer located in Manchester CT, about 2 miles from Exit 63 off I-84.

My Hoosier tires have dry-rotted every season. I have ordered through the warehouse (which doesn't stock my size) and they get them from the factory in about 2 weeks or so. It's not Summit's fault for having old stock, it's just the rubber that Hoosier uses.

The dry-rot has never really bothered me because I do so much street driving and tire spinning that by the end of the season when they are cracking I need a new pair anyways.

Someone suggested that the next time I put on Hoosiers, DON'T put any tire-care products on them other than soap and water. The petroleum ingredients in the "tire wet" products may be what causes the dry-rot to accelerate.

I buy the Hoosiers because the warehouse here in town gives me a nice discount, a lot better than Summit & Jegs, mounts and balances the tires with new valvestems for free, and I don't have to pay any shipping charges.

Oh yeah, I have a 14" rim on the Dart because it has the small 5x4" axles, which it seems there are no rim/tire combos for aside from what Hoosier offers. Maybe next year I will buy new axles, drums, rims, & tires, but right now I don't have $900+ in my budget to do that.

I squeezed them on the 15X8's adam. Funny how the sidewall forms because of the soft compound......If they rub even a little, it will be super bleach Sunday all over again, in one single spin, until they pop =)

I used to run M&H Racemaster slicks and had them for years setting in the garage and they never went bad. I deal with Summit alot and have been looking to order a set of rims. But now if they don't back what they sell I'll look at a different supplier.
I hope Hoosier helps you out with your tires, No tire should start decaying so quick are they using inferior materials ? Just as a side note I had a 41 dodge that I bought that had original Goodyear tires that was bought back in the early 50's which the tires still held air and were just starting to crack. So with all the advances in tires whats wrong with Hoosiers ????????? Good luck i hope they step up and takes care of the problem.
Jim

Ram, my opinion Summitt is the best I've ever dealt with. With tires and rims they do say in writing that once they have been mounted they can't take them back. Peace

Wow, this is an old thread. Summit gave me $100 gift card and I picked up some M/Ts.

I've had others tell me they had the same problem with them drying out but seeing they were a race tire they usually needed to be replaced by then anyways.

duster340 said:
i shoulldnt have ordered a new set of hoosiers if i had knew they suck this bad.... should have stayed with MT :(

I used to run a set of Hoosier Dirt bosses, But I got them straight from the hoosier guys. Mine only did that after a year of sitting out in the sun. Funny they wont help ya out.

-
Back