Updated SPITFIRE HEADER INSTALL 63-66 A-body

Should this be made a STICKY?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
-
Sure hope mine come through soon. He cashed my check. Can't reach him by phone since. Left a couple of messages. Everything is on hold until I get the headers.

You'll get them. Best time to reach him I think is around 6-7pm Arkansas time.

I've been out of town visiting my parents. Just got done putting headers and new 2.5" stainless exhaust in my Dad's 67' Chevelle. That was a pain. The spitfires are easier LOL.

I'll know more this Wednesday when I get back in town on the horsepower gains. I will have pics of the exhaust for sure.

there's an option for it when you post a new thread.

I didn't know that. I asked the mod if we could stickie my project at the top and his answer was no, wasn't specific enough I guess. I've kept the thread alive so as to help someone else taking on a project like mine. Stop by my swap space if you get a chance. look for the yellow 67 Dart

I've been out of town visiting my parents. Just got done putting headers and new 2.5" stainless exhaust in my Dad's 67' Chevelle. That was a pain. The spitfires are easier LOL.

I'll know more this Wednesday when I get back in town on the horsepower gains. I will have pics of the exhaust for sure.
Finally got hold of him by using a different phone. A month ago he said that he was upgrading to 16 ga tubing and it would be 2 weeks before shipping. This time, he said that he was upgrading to 16 gage tubing and it would be 2 weeks before shipping. Hard to get too nasty to a guy who already has my money.

Hi Dave,
Is the exhaust all connected now? If so, what problems did you have to resolve to connect up to the headers?

Gotta get it back to the muffler shop to get the flanges welded on. Then I'll send them out to get Jet-Hot coated probably. My guy didn't think it would work using a slip joint and band clamps like the truckers or turbo guys use. I still think it should work. It is a very tight fit with 2.5" tubing but it will go and the bend is very sharp to mate up to the collector. You have to use a U-bend. You have to make sure to have clearance from the Z-bar, brake lines etc. and be able to get to the flange bolts.

Not sure when I'll be able to get it done but I will post new pictures for sure.

Dave

And as for the open headers, if you get pulled over just point out the next SUV that rolls by with 24" wheels and an 8 million watt stereo pumping out pure crap and ask why THAT'S ok? (fastback340)

Or the Harley that just rumbled by with no baffles....

Been waiting almost three months so far. No headrs. I am going to ask for a refund and I'll build my own. After all it's winter now and the car's been apart for months already.

That page has been up for years and years. It's old news.
Wish that I would have seen it before I sent my money. I guess that on the good side is the fact that this is only the second time that I have been boned by anyone in the Mopar world, and I have been fooling with these old cars since the early 60's.

dude that really sucks. wish it would have worked out better. guess harold is back to his old ways. sorry

Turn around time is a problem with such a small operation but on the flip side the quality control has to be quite good if only one person does it all. Unfortunately for sole business owners ,life gets in the way and can often delay work. I think if you`re patient, you`ll be rewarded in the end with a good header at a fair price.

In the interest of fairness, after getting the District Attorney and others involved, I finally got the headers. Two weeks turned into four months. Don't make the same mistake as me. If you deal with Harold, DO NOT PREPAY.

I spoke to Harold yesterday. Super nice guy! He says he'll be able to ship me a set COD next week. We'll see. I'm not in any huge hurry, but I figure I should get a set before they become unavailable again.

He told me "We're going to stay on top of things from now on".

I'll let you all know if/when they arrive.

ordered and got my spitfires within a week of ordering them. Had some problems with fedex but it was eventually worked out. Easy to install and fit great. thanks for the information on how to get ahold of Harold.

So hey im putting Spitfires on my SB 65GT was also thinking of the "slip on" any i dea if a guy can buy these already made im in BFE and the ONE and only muffler shop around well lets just say they arent the shinniest spoons in the drawer thanx Bert

My Spitfires arrived today. It took exactly 2 weeks from the day I called Harold to order them. They cost $235 shipped, including the COD charge. Hopefully, this kind of turnaround will continue. He seems like a truly nice guy with good intentions. If you're considering buying a set, go for it, just make sure you have them shipped COD. It only costs $10 extra.

Love your plate!

Have to call and cod is best pay method..old school but so is the price!

Looks to me like quality is top notch.

-
Back