Upgrading to dual master cylinder

-

jhdeval

Reaction score
Okay I have a 65 barracuda and the dual master cylinder does not have the push rod. How do I make the dual master cylinder work with my push rod?

Also I have a front proportioning valve that directs to the front driver and passenger side then to then rear proportional valve which separates to the rear passenger and drive side. Can I just connect the line that runs to the rear to the master cylinder and plug the rear port on the front proportional?

Your push rod should work. I just did my 65 Dart with a MC meant for a 68 Dart and it did great. You can run straight to your rear drums like you said but will need an inline proportion valve. I just used a distribution block from ebay that was made to fit like oem but was for a dual bowl upgrade and it worked great.

If you're staying with Drums you can use the "distributing/proportioning" valve that's on your car now.

I am going to upgrade to front disc eventually but money is going into the engine right now.

If your going disc eventually I would just get a proportioning 2 to 3 proportioning valve from summit it will save you the trouble later

-
Back