US Car Tool Early A Body Frame Rail Connectors

-

Ratrod85

Reaction score
US Car Tool now offers cnc cut contoured frame rail connectors for the 63 to 66 a bodies. Here are a couple of pics.
USCT1M11066366ABody.jpg

web3.jpg

This should make quite a few people happy. It would for me if I owned an early A body.

They make an excellent product. It ties the frame rails together, but also ties the floor panels to the connector. Solid.

Coming soon!

New A-Body Inner Fender Braces

New design and look and price!

Yes that is correct the contour the floor pan and weld to rear frame rail and torsion bar cross member to create a box.

I'm gonna get a set, ever since seeing another thread that someone did the same type of frame connector I've been wanting to make a set myself....thanks for doing it for me, lol!....any idea how much shipping will be on these on an average? I'm in Colorado Springs, CO 80918

Shipping to Colorado would be around $25, and you can use the stock parking brake cable. You have to drill a hole on both sides of the frame connector for it to pass through. We don't include the holes cause the cables change location so much from year to year.

Yes these fit on convertibles, the only thing you have to do is trim the back side of the connector to fit around the factory torque box. You don't have to remove the entire interior but you are going to weld to the floor pan so the carpet and seats are a must.

I'm in the process of installing a set of these for my 62 valiant ill try and get some pics posted so you guys and gals and check them out

Ratrod I do have a question when I was doing my mock up today and taking measurements is there a offset between the front frame rail and the rear rail? What I'm talking about where the front rail and trans cross member rail come together to form a T is that a straight shot back to the rear frame rail? Taking my measurements it looks like the a straight line from the back to the front rail I'd need to offset the rail to the outside of the T on the trans rail is this correct?
Thanks Aaron

62 valiant (quote) I don't think these are made for 62's. Correct me if I'm wrong but 63-66 only. tmm

Mike they fit like a glove on eBay there listed as 62-66 early a body I already mocked them up but haven't tacked them into place because I wasn't sure about the question I posted
Aaron

That's cool. I didn't think the floor pans on the 62's were the same. Post some photos when you can. tmm

Sorry for the delay in response. You are correct in that they are installed perpendicular to the torsion bar cross member. They look like they fit very well on your 62. Only thing you have to watch for is that you don't cover up the holes for the fuel and brake line.

-
Back