US mail just as slow as Canada

-

Snake

Mopar Nut
Reaction score
Yep been tracking my package form the U.S. to me has been in the same place for 3 days lol,i keep looking for an up date.

If you are talking about USPS tracking (not UPS) the tracking system ITSELF sucks. I've gotten packages to my door and into the next day tracking showed it somewhere else!!!

If you are talking about USPS tracking (not UPS) the tracking system ITSELF sucks. I've gotten packages to my door and into the next day tracking showed it somewhere else!!!

Yep the USPS here is the # cw595160247us just for gigglesssssssssssss.

They rarely update it. It'll probably show up today I bet. lol

look for updates through Canada Post for more accurate info. Your package is not in Canada yet as it does not show as being in Canada.

The new rad is in and it runs cooler now! We had it out to a show on Sunday and it did not get to 180 and it was hot out!

I guess we can say that both governments are equally as incompetent.

What a joke, it is in Florida it going south instead of north. but is says its on its way to Canada.

USPS has a mobile app you can use for better and more accurate updates.
It's @ usps.com/mobile (or something like that)

I've had shipments do the same thing to me: go in the wrong direction from where it should be going.
Having a package being delivered from Phoenix, AZ, and watching the tracking end up somewhere in the northwestern corner of the US, followed up with a pit-stop to somewhere in FL...
Then after I complained about it for a day or so, it said it was finally in the right direction.

Makes ya wonder if the arrival/departure scan-ins ask each other why there's a box being shipped from AZ to NY and it's in Washington?! lol It's thrown me a loop a few times, but luckily it always ends up on my doorstep one way or another.

If you pay for 2-day shipping from a place across the US like that, and watch the tracking on it skip all around with scan-ins all night... But when you pay for 3-5 business day shipping, it's tracking scan-ins are everywhere. Seems like quicker shipping is confusing too, it's just quicker!

The mobile app, if you have the option to download it (some phones are exempt) it might be easier for you.

Hope this helps a little. :D

the united states postal service tracking is totally useless.

That is because its real purpose is not to track the mail but to track the employees in an effort to eliminate jobs.....19 or so years in that rat infested toilet....The only mail that the USPS scans at every time it moves is Express Mail....

USPS has a mobile app you can use for better and more accurate updates.
It's @ usps.com/mobile (or something like that)

I've had shipments do the same thing to me: go in the wrong direction from where it should be going.
Having a package being delivered from Phoenix, AZ, and watching the tracking end up somewhere in the northwestern corner of the US, followed up with a pit-stop to somewhere in FL...
Then after I complained about it for a day or so, it said it was finally in the right direction.

Makes ya wonder if the arrival/departure scan-ins ask each other why there's a box being shipped from AZ to NY and it's in Washington?! lol It's thrown me a loop a few times, but luckily it always ends up on my doorstep one way or another.

If you pay for 2-day shipping from a place across the US like that, and watch the tracking on it skip all around with scan-ins all night... But when you pay for 3-5 business day shipping, it's tracking scan-ins are everywhere. Seems like quicker shipping is confusing too, it's just quicker!

The mobile app, if you have the option to download it (some phones are exempt) it might be easier for you.

Hope this helps a little. :D

thank you.

Hey Snake. Knock, knock....

Who's there....

It's not your package.... LOL!

Snake, I think that it has something to do with the package size. I have shipped a few intake manifold through the years. Every time, without fail, they go from middle Georgia to Jacksonville, Florida even if their final destination is Washington State. It's happened every single time.

Snake, I think that it has something to do with the package size. I have shipped a few intake manifold through the years. Every time, without fail, they go from middle Georgia to Jacksonville, Florida even if their final destination is Washington State. It's happened every single time.

Maybe there's a Mopar guy in Jacksonville, FL that checks the packages to make sure that he doesn't need that part...

Or does he???? :evil:

I wonder if our dumb *** post office does the same,come to think of it I bought Cindy a nice short dress that came Quebec went right by our town went to Toronto then to us,go figure.

This question is for no one in particular but I do hope some answers it. Lets say your packages last known stop was Phoenix. Has not moved in a week or so. What are you planning to do with that info? Call the Phoenix Processing & Dist. Center and ask them to go look for it? FYI, good luck getting the number, the only one listed anywhere is the 1800URSCREWED number. Even if you did have the number.....602-225-3030....you will only end up getting an employee on the phone that at best will transfer you over to the West Valley facility. I can just about guarantee you that what you will be told is that they process thousands of tens of thousands of packages daily.blah blah blah. I have said every time this topic comes up that the tracking system is a joke. Oh that's right, pretty much nobody bothers to read what I have to say. Case in point, anybody have a comment to my prior post?
Want to know how your packages are handled?

http://www.postalreporter.com/apps.htm will give you an idea of what the machine looks like etc.....

In all likelihood the only times your packages are touched by a human is when you hand it to the clerk and the delivery person loads it into his truck.
Your hand writing look like a doctors? If so, might want to print all of your labels. The APPS machine, as well as the afcs that cancels and starts the sorting process of your letters, have scanners and ocr software to read your handwriting. Used to be any unreadable image would go to a REC site to be read by a human. The software would then take the orange sprayed on tag and tie it into the info typed by a human so the item would be sent on its way. But the USPS has a "new & improved" software that can read damn near everything (or so they claim), couple that with the almighty budget cuts and I believe the rec sites are gone

http://www.dmnews.com/usps-phases-out-nine-remote-encoding-centers/article/61813/#

which pretty much means that if your handwriting sucks your package very well may take the scenic route.

And being that your package travels thru the APPS machine care to guess what very well might happen to it if you are one of the folks that does not remove any and all open air space in the box? Very good chance it will end up in the repair area. The repair area used to be staffed by limited/light duty folks. But once again, thanks to the budget issues

http://www.postalreporter.com/iod.program.htm

limited/light duty folks are ushered out the door as soon as they tell there boss they are hurt....so your package that got ripped open now very well may sit for a while.....

Hell, I only spent 19 long years there so maybe I do not know what I am talking about....

Hope your package arrives. If not, hope it was insured.

-
Back