User Moparofficial not responding..

-
But it does get your car on TV and a ton of awards.
Stay away from Cheap China chrome. I paid more to get a good set of original MaMopar valve covers plated after I stripped, sanded, polished them than most would pay. quality Chrome cost. Sadly, I lost my source that plates thanks to the EPA! Same goes for cheap oil pans that are plated chromed. All junk.
Yes it does cost and it DOES make a difference. You think radial aircraft engines that use chrome plated cylinders are gonna go with china chrome? Yeah, lets see how that works out. I've seen that kinda chrome up close first hand and it's a work of art!

You're a little young.
I borrowed a drill, and dingle berry hone. I used, some used trans fluid to hone and installed new bearings, rings and new cam/ lifters with the re-ring / gasket kit from PAW in dad's driveway.

Yes it does cost and it DOES make a difference. You think radial aircraft engines that use chrome plated cylinders are gonna go with china chrome? Yeah, lets see how that works out. I've seen that kinda chrome up close first hand and it's a work of art!
The shop a friend owns now just does industrial plating. Things like shafts that are built up with hard chrome for the machine shops.
No more ornamental plating, the tanks we empty last visit there

Shortage of Qualified, Skilled Labor, and EPA, have ruined Plating in the USA. Add in Inflation putting it out of reach cost wise for regular guys. Plating is now for high dollar cars restorations only. one top notch shop that did lots of work closed up. It was known as great work and high $ and could not make it anymore. Getting good quality is a crap shoot, and long wait times even at high cost. Most I can say about that to not get political.

Last edited:
41, going on 14
But, I also didn't move to the US untill I was 21, so there are some things that are common knowledge that I simply missed out on
I’m 35 going on 13 and yeah you missed the boat. We had eBay and online suppliers. But I had some old PAW catalogs from my mom’s boyfriend that I used to flip through. I ordered my first slant six 4 bbl from them through mail order. Took forever lol!

That’s why I asked your age hahaha that’s what came to mind when you said that!
Hey, i tried to steer the back on track with a post about chrome. No luck, this thread needs a front end alignment?
I tried.... now I can't get The Song by Queen out my head. Fat Bottom Girls. Help! Stop Making me think. It hurts when I do.

Obviously not old enough. Probably better without PAW. Cams were second cousins 4 times removed from some cams with questionable harmonics.
lol wut?

i swear, sometimes reading what you write is like trying to make the drive to costco and only making left turns to get there.

PAW has been gone for 20+ years and maybe 30.
does canadian time vs american time work like canadian money vs us dollar?

because if so, then that tracks. but if we're all on the same page and we're talking like, time as a construct, then nah man. you be wrong.

lol wut?

i swear, sometimes reading what you write is like trying to make the drive to costco and only making left turns to get there.
lol. Which part tripped you up?
Some of these companies have copied a cam grind that was a copy of another companies grind. They usually do not cure any problem issues that may be inherent in the cam they are copying.

lol. Which part tripped you up?
Some of these companies have copied a cam grind that was a copy of another companies grind. They usually do not cure any problem issues that may be inherent in the cam they are copying.
did you ever buy anything from PAW?

did you ever buy anything from PAW?
No. Got a couple of catalogue. We had a similar mail order speed shop out of, I think it was Prince George, BC. Canuk bucks and free shipping on orders over X amount. A friend ordered through them and got the parts to rebuild a 351W for another fellow. That project got on the back burner when his new young wife left after about 8 months. He is an engineer and to her a cash cow. He still has the truck, but unfinished and the engine not started to break in, and that was 25 years ago and maybe close to 30.
I tried to order from the Canadian company but they also disappeared.

PAW was kinda like the Sears catalogue back in the day. I remember buying from them. I even got a decal. : )

IMG_20240622_165345.jpg

Yup
Good ole PAW out of Chatsworth, CA. Bought lots of stuff from them back in the day. Here's a pic of my last catalog from them dated 2001. if you hollered ten hut PAW around my 69 B-Cuda it would probably start up on its own LOL.
I still have some unused decals from them.

I'm 80 yrs young, going on forever.

Dave

20240622_160422.jpg

20240622_160557.jpg

-
Back