User Moparofficial not responding..

-
I got the impression the seller pushed pause on shipping it.

So looks like you can make a deal with the seller now.

I gotta add, if he had a chance to reach out his friend to put a hold on the shipping, sure seems like he could have said something to the buyer as well. And then we would've probably all still been friends. Isn't 20/20 hindsight wonderful?
Because she's my wife... but keep speculating.

Yeah it was Father's Day weekend so I was out of town. My friend works for FedEx and I gave it to ship, express, but I did put a hold on it when I saw the header text... but I couldn't respond, I was driving through the grapevine...and decided I would get back to it after the holiday.

I advertised it with pictures , I did not put a year specific. I did put the part number and as everybody has said... if you can't do the homework and you're just buying **** on impulse .. that's the gamble ya take. I can work with this person no problem...though , too bad he already gave me a bad review and started a thread on here. Yes I did buy an intake once, from Dion , and he was a good sport about ....with that said...his expertise or experience in mock up or examining parts he uses maybe isnt as tight a std or educated as mine is being a builder. It's no knock , I'm just saying that he didn't know that the ports were all miscast so they were all shifted too low. I couldn't even make it work, or i would have. If the motor he used it on wasnt all that, i can see why. The thing about that ad there was no pictures showing that part of the intake. I'm showing it in the ad. ...still I guess I could have asked for more picks. I know one thing is I did not start a thread and start tossing bad reviews at him, I was patient I asked I explained the situation and that I could not fix it in no way and it was absolutely unusable and I would not try and sell it to anybody else knowing it was unusable... 'not an application issue' but a production flaw.

This is stupid.
I really don't understand it when people jump the gun and complain about people publicly on this forum before they even have a chance to respond. A person could be in the hospital or on a fishing trip for a few days. And then to leave negative feedback?

I want to come back to this and apologize for how I said some things. I consider myself a Christian and I was not a very good representative for Christ here. I'm sorry. My opinion is still the same, but my delivery was flawed. I fail Him daily and I ask for forgiveness from Him and I'm asking it from yall.
Thanks Rob.
Beware, volaredoof is a loserposAhole.
Whenever there's a dispute thread, every asshole that's ever disagreed with you makes an appearance. It's like a tradition.
I listed the part number and posted pictures. Everybody's level of expertise to know what they have in front of them and what they're looking at varies a bunch... and when somebody 'comes up' off of somebody who's ignorant of what they have and they sell it too cheap.. that buyer is always very happy...same can't be said when they themselves don't know what they're looking and go and buy the wrong ****.. now they're angry about it. I'm not on here selling **** that's unusable like some others who don't know what they're looking at who haven't seen enough to know what's wrong with it. Some people are selling garbage and don't even know it. I don't hate them personally... because... they just don't ******* know any better, thats why i you he she and them need to know whats what. Educate yourself. Ask. No question is stupid when you have no idea. This guy bought the wrong ****. Is that my fault?
I'm deciding whether to let this ship and let him be responsible for his own mistake and reselling it himself, or just refunding it. At the moment I'm busy and this bullshit has become back burner, and for good reason after seeing how he went about it.

Last edited:
Thanks Rob.
Beware, volaredoof is a loserposAhole.
Whatever there's a dispute thread, every asshole that's ever disagreed with you makes an appearance. It's like a tradition.
I listed the part number and posted pictures. Everybody's level of expertise to know what they have in front of them and what they're looking at varies a bunch. And when somebody comes up off of somebody who's ignorant of what they have and they sell it to cheap that buyer is always very happy...same can't be said when they themselves don't know what they're looking and go and buy the wrong ****.. now they're angry about it. I'm not on here selling **** that's unusable like some others who don't know what they're looking at who haven't seen enough to know what's wrong with it. Some people are selling garbage and don't even know it. I don't hate them personally... because... they just don't ******* know any better, thats why i you he she and them need to know whats what. Educate yourself. Ask. No question is stupid when you have no idea. This guy bought the wrong ****. Is that my fault?
I'm deciding whether to let this ship and let him be responsible for his own mistake and reselling it himself, or just refunding it. At the moment I'm busy and this bullshit has become back burner, and for good reason after seeing how he went about it.
I'd ship it to him. Because in the end, even if you refund it, he'll still be butthurt, plus you'll still have a negative feedback.

if i were in your shoes, i'd happily refund him if he rescinded the negative feedback and made a public apology.

if he isn't open to those terms, i'd still refund him, albeit begrudgingly. however i'd sleep well knowing that i have his address on file. it's shockingly easy and ridiculously cheap to have several yards of manure deposited in a driveway.

if i were in your shoes, i'd happily refund him if he rescinded the negative feedback and made a public apology
Yeah, but once it's refunded, what guarantee does Justin have he'll remove the feedback (Joey has to agree to do it) or offer any apology? I don't believe he'll do it anyway. If it was me, that valve cover would be on the hot track to the buyer's house.

Yeah, but once it's refunded, what guarantee does Justin have he'll remove the feedback (Joey has to agree to do it) or offer any apology? I don't believe he'll do it anyway. If it was me, that valve cover would be on the hot track to the buyer's house.
oh no, no, sir. the refund would be contingent on the aforementioned terms.

however, if he didn't like the wait time to remove the feeback? he's more than welcome to take delivery of the valve cover and do with it as he chooses. i ship with a personal touch, so i'd probably include a handwritten note with a suggestion about how to install it on his person.

1718863518177.jpeg

oh no, no, sir. the refund would be contingent on the aforementioned terms.

however, if he didn't like the wait time to remove the feeback? he's more than welcome to take delivery of the valve cover and do with it as he chooses. i ship with a personal touch, so i'd probably include a handwritten note with a suggestion about how to install it on his person.
I'd ship it back with a great big turd pile in it. After I loaded up on all you can eat at the mexican joint.

So I think the real issue here is the fact that the shipment was stopped and then the communication stopped. Yes it was father's day weekend that's understandable. But now it's been an additional 4 days and still no shipment and no refund. Yes the op was in the wrong for not researching the part before agreeing to buy it, but he did pay for it. So either give him a refund or ship the part. I don't care if he hurt feelings with negative feedback or whatever he paid! So either ship it or refund it. It's that simple. Yall are trying to crucify the OP for not researching the part before he paid cause he called out one of your buddies but the facts don't care about your feelings. The OP Is out of his money and the part he paid for.

t's shockingly easy and ridiculously cheap to have several yards of manure deposited in a driveway.
I'll take some! My wife would love that!
manure.jpeg

cause he called out one of your buddies
I would like to point out, because it seems you're unfamiliar, many of the people defending the seller wouldn't piss on MoparOfficial if he was on fire. They are just being un-biased.
Only thing I see wrong here is that the buyer hasn't been satisfied with a return or a product. I think MoparOfficial has the right to choose which the OP gets BUT the OP needs to get one or the other in a REASONABLE timeframe.

I'll take some! My wife would love that!
View attachment 1716264897

I would like to point out, because it seems you're unfamiliar, many of the people defending the seller wouldn't piss on MoparOfficial if he was on fire. They are just being un-biased.
Only thing I see wrong here is that the buyer hasn't been satisfied with a return or a product. I think MoparOfficial has the right to choose which the OP gets BUT the OP needs to get one or the other in a REASONABLE timeframe.
I completely agree with you that Is exactly my point either ship it or refund it. It's on the OP if he paid for the wrong part! But that is what 90% of this thread is about. The fact he didn't research it. I agree he should have but now it's on the seller to make it right either ship or refund!

The one point the buyer does make that makes a lot of sense is we are on an A bodies site. That valve cover is not for an A body unless you've transplanted an 80s slant into your A body. Personally, I think the seller should notify the buyers in the for sale ad that the part is not an A body part.

Now I can easily see this mistake being made. I've owned a slant six car for over 20 years and I had no idea that the hydraulic slants had a different valve cover. I googled the part number and found a guy on the slant six forum saying it bolted right to his 75 A body and found one of the old for sale ads on this site where the guy states in bold that it is for the later 80s slants.

@71 swinger 225 was posting wanted ads a couple years back for this valve cover. Maybe he could use it?
When I first posted that want ad I didn’t realize there were 2 different slant valve covers. I did figure out shortly after that there were 2 different ones. The one I am looking for is part number P3690742. I did see the ad for the valve cover in question and it did include the part number for that valve cover. Maybe the ad could have been more specific, but I feel the buyer should have done more research to make sure it the right one.

Last edited:
Let's recap.. Guy list part. Guy responds to part, Guy pays for part.. Seller delays shipping. Buyer realizes part isn't right for him while seller still has money and part in his possession.. Seller stops responding, but we should believe it's buyers' fault for improper research.. Now if said part was in buyers hand, buyer could resell or kick rocks... But buyer is out of part cost, and without part. And seller blames it on Father's day weekend and unreasonable buyer. What are we missing here?

-
Back