usps strikes again

-
I work for the government. There are rules that dictate everything. I'm having a hard time believing that there isn't something written that dictates everything the USPS does.

That said, the interaction between my neighbor and the carrier (coincidentally the post master) was about speed. After a pissing contest, the neighbor said don't come down here anymore. Post Master said ok. Which is bullshit. I understand cutting off part of a route due to a safety reason. This is far from that.

You say they don't have to come down private roads, but every time I search that it says,
  • For Accountable mail items and oversized parcels (not postage due), the carrier must try to gain the attention of the recipient, which includes honking their horn, in order to get them to come to the vehicle. If the customer doesn't come out and the house/delivery point is within 1/2 mile of the line of travel AND has a passable road, the carrier should attempt to deliver it. Otherwise, the carrier will leave PS Form 3849 and the customer will have to make arrangements to obtain the item.
There also seems to be different rules for every area stemming from when that area was established and what services were requested at that time.
Do you have a group of mailboxes at the end of that private road?
Also the key words are should not must.
Again, your problem lies with the neighbor who complained. I suggest that you go have a talk with that neighbor and get the issue resolved.

YES. Returned for insufficient postage. I was really ticked off.
Forever stamp is only good for up up to 1 oz of 1st class machinable mail.
If it was returned it was either over an ounce, non machinable or international.

I just got this :

========================================================================
Dear customer

Thank you for taking the time to notify us of your experience. Your USPS® Service Request 37067847 has been marked as resolved.

We are unable to track your package due to no active scan since 3/8. We request you contact the sender and inform them of non receipt for final resolution.

Please accept our sincerest apology for any trouble this may have caused you. We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you again in the future.
=========================================================================

The package was shipped to my old street address and then forwarded to my po box. They lost it when they forwarded it from one post office to another post office literally down the street and their solution is for me to tell the shipper to send it again. The lost tracking on it because they cover the tacking codes on the package when they forward it, but they don't give it a new tracking number, just delete the old one. So they lost it.

Yes the package from Canada Post gets picked up by USPS. The address is the persons home/business physical address. Not the post office. No one has ever told me they had to go to the post office to pick up their package. Kim

Yes the package from Canada Post gets picked up by USPS. The address is the persons home/business physical address. Not the post office. No one has ever told me they had to go to the post office to pick up their package. Kim
You're missing the point.
I said there is no US law that states that home delivery is a right or entitlement.
If you were to send me a package from your address to mine, it would not come to my home.
I do not have home delivery. I have to go to the post office and pick up my mail.
I don't have a PO Box address, I have a street address, and UPS and FedEx will deliver there. The post office does not. So, if you were to send me package, I would tell you that I have to go to the Post Office to pick it up. It's not an uncommon thing in rural areas.

You're missing the point.
I said there is no US law that states that home delivery is a right or entitlement.
If you were to send me a package from your address to mine, it would not come to my home.
I do not have home delivery. I have to go to the post office and pick up my mail.
I don't have a PO Box address, I have a street address, and UPS and FedEx will deliver there. The post office does not. So, if you were to send me package, I would tell you that I have to go to the Post Office to pick it up. It's not an uncommon thing in rural areas.

So the point of delivery for your address is not your front door. For other people, it may be. Everything I'm finding (on USPS websites) is not lining up with what your saying.

If rules governing packages in certain areas say you "should" take the package to the door, and you don't because it doesn't say "must". Your just doing whatever you want. Not what you should.

Everything I'm finding (on USPS websites) is not lining up with what your saying.
But have you found anywhere, I mean anywhere that it says that the Post office is required, by law, to deliver to your door?
You won't because it doesn't exist. No matter how bad you it want to, it doesn't.
Trust me, it's been looked for by the NALC in attempts to create routes.
Your problem was caused by your neighbor. You need to deal with your neighbor and talk it out with them.
Leaving a 3849 in your box out at the road is a perfectly acceptable form of notification in your situation.

The driver should back in from the street then.
She said that is still backing up...on the street. I wanted to open up the driveway anyway. I have a load of stone dumped. Hopefully fix the issue.

Forever stamp is only good for up up to 1 oz of 1st class machinable mail.
If it was returned it was either over an ounce, non machinable or international.
Sorry, but wrong! It was local and in a regular envelope with just a check in it for our RV storage bill. Just like I had sent it in dozens of times before. I was shocked.

-
Back