Value of car purchase? Please, it's complicated!

-
precious boomerang?
or P.B. for short!8)

Thanks again for all the input! I also see he has been growing up for the past year and a half too!:cheers:

the prodigal son

Restoring car to your household: $2200.00
Restoring relationship with son: Priceless

Perhaps he had an experience like I did. My dad learned a lot while I was away at college.

the prodigal son

Restoring car to your household: $2200.00
Restoring relationship with son: Priceless

Perhaps he had an experience like I did. My dad learned a lot while I was away at college.

Perhaps, but are you sure YOU didn't do a lot of learning too while at college? LOL!
I garantee this:
1: It's a lot more mellow around the house without all the yelling!
2: He has learned the value of a dollar & a car.
3: He's not hounding us every week for money like some of our friends kids do.
4: He has matured.
5: The dogs loved seeing him and thought he was still out there all day! They have been wanting out every 30-60 mins and when they go out they run straight down the drive to the gate thinking he's still there.
I know how they feel!

Hopefully he will start comming around more but doubt it sense he is always so busy with work/school.

Guess I'll finally get to finish the body work & paint! I've been offering to finish it for him for over a year now with a free loaner, but he wasn't having it. Be looking for another restore thread! (right after I get done with Fern):toothy10:

Thanks again guys!:cheers:

I just wonder if you had said no, what his reaction would be? Yell? Take in stride?

You know I never thought of it. I'm sure we are over paying for what it is but we like the car and I'm sure he will want it back in 2-10 years!

He has a bad temper, he could have said F me and go sell it elsewhere but I don't think he would have gotten 2200 elswhere. I was just so happy that he was talking to us and I found it to be very mature on his part to only want his original purchase money back. Thats why I said OK so fast. I was pleasantly suprised and impressed. Besides PBJ belongs in the family.

The other 3 four doors are already talking amongst themselves out in the garage about the possible arrive date. I will have to sit the other 3 down and remind them the 69 was here first and to be nice to it!:toothy10: siblings! Jezzz!!!

You ARE his father. At 1 year old, he would have very little memories of his real father, so if he's comparing you to something, it's an image that he himself has conjured up.

I'm glad things worked out. Seems like he had a chance to do a little growing up, and realizes that life is not just a party, and that he cant keep blaming everyone else for things that happen.

Either that, or he's softening you up because he's going to tell you that you are going to be a granparents...lol.

You ARE his father. At 1 year old, he would have very little memories of his real father, so if he's comparing you to something, it's an image that he himself has conjured up.

I'm glad things worked out. Seems like he had a chance to do a little growing up, and realizes that life is not just a party, and that he cant keep blaming everyone else for things that happen.

Either that, or he's softening you up because he's going to tell you that you are going to be a granparents...lol.

That would be awesome!!! I would love to babysit on weekends!

I became involved when he was around 7.

First time I ever saw him he was completing a round house kick landing on ABB thigh with ABB landing on couch! (kick boxing style. too much tv)
I am sure he had already conjured up quite a bit untill I showed up and made him do a 180 from Damian to a socialy responsible young adult.

I've always concidered him my son, but I did have to be the bad guy all the time because I did not want any more ill feelings towards his mom. I was always the bad cop. I hope as he gets older he will understand. He would be on the crash course if a new baby is comming!8)

-
Back