Van power steering bracket issues

-
Any of you guys need a non-AC Alternator Bracket with mounting bolts?

I have two extra right now, and been scouring the wrecking yards for more.

Another thing to note when using these brackets is that, there's a mounting spacer for the tube that goes into the water pump. That spacer goes between the tube mounting "fork" to the timing cover in order to bolt it down.

I'll attach a picture of what I have.

View attachment 1715188905
Hello, I know this has been a long time, but was wondering if you still had any of these brackets? If so, how much to ship to Tennessee? Thank you.

Hello, I know this has been a long time, but was wondering if you still had any of these brackets? If so, how much to ship to Tennessee? Thank you.

Hello! Unfortunately, I don't have anymore but I'm always looking out for them. I got lucky and found like 4 of them, but I sold them off. If keep looking on the wrecking yard sites to see if I find car without the A/C.

just sold my last one. when this stuff lets up, i know where there are 3. they fit up to 2003/04

Thank you. Any idea what you will have to have for it?

I'm not looking to make money. Just looking to get out out of the house. LOL I think with the cost of buying it and shipping, 60 bucks should cover it. You're in the mid west right? I know it fits in a flat rate USPS box.

Just to make sure, we are talking about the non-AC alternator bracket right? Or are you looking for the Van power steering bracket? Just wanted to make sure because this thread started with one, and then moved onto talking about the alternator bracket.

I'm not looking to make money. Just looking to get out out of the house. LOL I think with the cost of buying it and shipping, 60 bucks should cover it. You're in the mid west right? I know it fits in a flat rate USPS box.

Just to make sure, we are talking about the non-AC alternator bracket right? Or are you looking for the Van power steering bracket? Just wanted to make sure because this thread started with one, and then moved onto talking about the alternator bracket.
Yes, the non ac bracket. I am actually building a Dakota into a stripped down hot street truck. Taking ac and power steering off. This has made things so much easier. I am in Tennessee almost halfway between Memphis and Nashville. Please just let me know if you get it and we will work things out, Thanks again.

Just my opinion, but if you are running a completely manual steering set up and no air conditioning, I would try using the bracket FOR air conditioning first, and if it works, just saw or cut off the air conditioning portion. I say only because guys try finding the original non air conditioning bracket to fix the water pump clearance issue when still running power steering while eliminating air conditioning. That is the issue from the original post on this thread.
The only difference in the two brackets, after you cut the air conditioning portion off, is that the idler pulley is about one inch further to the driver side on the non air conditioning bracket. There is a side by side comparison photo of the two brackets in post 18 of this thread.
I am sure JoesEdge would have no trouble selling that non air conditioning bracket if he still goes to get it.

A fantastic idea, I thought of this but just wasn't smart enought to follow through as I was finally able to find one non AC bracket. I have found 2 AC brackets as well but kept hunting for the non AC bracket, glad you bought this up!
:thumbsup:
And the thing is you get a little bit more belt wrap on the alt pulley. I wonder if the same short belt would fit? The AC brackets are fairly easy to find so if you wnted to add AC later you could just get another bracket.

A fantastic idea, I thought of this but just wasn't smart enought to follow through as I was finally able to find one non AC bracket. I have found 2 AC brackets as well but kept hunting for the non AC bracket, glad you bought this up!
:thumbsup:
And the thing is you get a little bit more belt wrap on the alt pulley. I wonder if the same short belt would fit? The AC brackets are fairly easy to find so if you wnted to add AC later you could just get another bracket.
The non AC bracket has the idler in a different position but the AC one will work

Got it! @simpleman64

IMG_20200412_114721.jpg

Last edited:
I'm running stock a/c bracket with no a/c. Still running power steering. I want to remove power steering pump/pulley.

My current set up in pics with stock a/c bracket, and p/s. I just cut the a/c side of bracket off. (Not shown in pic)

20201018_120011.jpg

20200130_144241.jpg

Last edited:
I'm running stock a/c bracket with no a/c and power steering. I want to remove power steering pump/pulley. My understanding is I have to run a 7 rib ideler that's smaller than my stock one to get belt to be good tention? And what belt was that again?

My current set up in pics with stock a/c bracket, and p/s. I just cut the a/c side of bracket off. (Not shown in pic)

View attachment 1715630888

View attachment 1715630889

for that setup i would just locate an AC delete pully and run a stock idler

A 7PK1430 should be Dayco 5070563, and should be a 7 rib that is 56.3 inches overal length. That 6PK1410 should be the Dayco 5060555 which is supposed to be 56.17 inches overall length.
That small difference may be ok with your tensioner already in the middle of it's travel.
So I didnt know 1st number is rib count, that's pretty cool. But I'm pretty sure last 3 numbers are the inches Dayco 5070563, and should be 56.3.

A 7PK1430 should be Dayco 5070563, and should be a 7 rib that is 56.3 inches overal length. That 6PK1410 should be the Dayco 5060555 which is supposed to be 56.17 inches overall length.
That small difference may be ok with your tensioner already in the middle of it's travel.
Dayco 5060555 pretty sure would be 55.5 inches..

I'm running stock a/c bracket with no a/c and power steering. I want to remove power steering pump/pulley. My understanding is I have to run a 7 rib ideler that's smaller than my stock one to get belt to be good tention? And what belt was that again?

View attachment 1715630888

View attachment 1715630889

33 bucks. you can run stock belt and idler

Advance Auto Parts - Down for Maintenance

17191005_rnb_34150_pri_larg.jpg

-
Back