vapor lock

-

packerman16

Reaction score
i have 360 in shasta motor home ,does any one have sure cure for vapor lock.thanks packerman

i have 360 in shasta motor home ,does any one have sure cure for vapor lock.thanks packerman

Phenolic, Aluminum, wood spacer to get the carb off the manifold will help alot.

The routing of your fuel line also will come into question.

Any pics of your engine/fuel line ?

In addition to the above, restrictions on the suction side including plugged pickup, collapsing rubber connectors, switching valve (if used) not cycling all the way, restriction in lines generally, WEAK PUMP. AND improper tank caps or plugged vent

A rear mount pump would problably help. I'm a HUGE believe in vapor return systems. If you are in a position to either re-plumb some of the evap. can stuff, or can run a separate return line back, Wix makes two metal can filters, 5/16 and 3/8, that have a 1/4 vapor return port built in.

Start with the simple things. reroute the fuel line away from any source of heat.... especially the exhaust system. Insulate those lines that are the closest to the exhaust. In chronic cases, you can install an electric fuel pump back by the tank to keep it from vapor locking.

add a return line that way it keeps the fuel moveing and it disopates the heat

-
Back