VF Valiant coupe resto in Aus

-
Hey Joe

Good to see you're progress. What offset sizes are the rims you bought? Im looking at the same set but wanting to fit the 9" rim under the back with a 245 tyre

Cheers

cheers Matt, got the engine back from the machine shop the other day, now got to get my buddy to put it together..............one step closer :)

20161205_164500.jpg

20161205_164617.jpg

it's no monster, 10:1 comp, heads are basically stock, comp thumper cam and air gap and headers..........thats good enough for me.............for now :p

Looking good Joe slow and steady wins the race. Any chance seeing her at Albury this year ? or still a lot needing Done :thumbsup:

Looks great, i like the pistol grip bench seat setup too. Never really looked at or messed with a RHD manual shift A body, how is the clutch actuated all the way over on the right side? Cant be linkage operated can it? Or is it hydraulic actuated?

Btw engine looks awesome. Can ya take a flight state side and put mine together? Just kidding, i need to get mine together. Yours looks great.

Looks great, i like the pistol grip bench seat setup too. Never really looked at or messed with a RHD manual shift A body, how is the clutch actuated all the way over on the right side? Cant be linkage operated can it? Or is it hydraulic actuated?

Btw engine looks awesome. Can ya take a flight state side and put mine together? Just kidding, i need to get mine together. Yours looks great.

Thanks Mat, this is my first attempt with a V8 Mopar with manual too, boy am i itching to drive it!
The clutch is operated by a hydraulic thrust bearing, got some local Mopar guys to get all the bits from USA, but im having a few issues with it, like crap threads, and incorrect brackets that i need to figure out how to make work etc...........
I believe it can be linkage operated but needs to be modified and would be very tight on the right hand side, would also need to make a hole in the right side of the bellhousing for the fork.
Sure ill come over to the USA as long as you pay my flights and accommodation haha

20161227_094013.jpg

couple of progress pics, got the headers on, had to chop a bit off the bottom right corner of the bell housing to fit the right one on there, and even so, it's still touching the pitman arm on the steering box, these Pacemaker headers are pretty good, but installing them is a nightmare, mainly because of the lack of room to put the bolts in!
On another note, looks like the gearbox will have to come out again, it's leaking from the front gasket, even though i was repeatedly told by the guy i purchased it off that it was fine.

20170124_182417.jpg

20170128_190401.jpg

20170128_190411.jpg

Its kinda a shame that for RHD mopars they didnt shift the driveline back over to the left. Theres a ton of room on the left side since the steerings not there.

I guess your car is a heater delete car too? Thats pretty cool. I read somewhere on fabo that Hemidenny built at least 1 RHD tubular K frame with rack n pinion setup for a guy down under. Might be an option for you later on. It would free up some space.

I guess your car is a heater delete car too? Thats pretty cool. I read somewhere on fabo that Hemidenny built at least 1 RHD tubular K frame with rack n pinion setup for a guy down under. Might be an option for you later on. It would free up some space.
Yeah its a real poverty pack as they say lol, no heater, no radio, originally slant 6 with 3 on the tree manual! Just a plain Jane, if i do keep the car long term which i think i will, then yeah in the future id like to do a real show quality job on it.

Cool, poverty pack. Thats a new term for me. We call em strippers here when they have no extras. My 67 cuda notchback was a stripper er poverty pack.

Show job?? Paint looks great right now.

We call it a 50/50 paint job??
Good looking from 50 feet away, and good looking driving by at 50 mph?

I like the name poverty pack. I'm gonna use that in my travels. Sounds better than saying its a stripper.

The really souped up ones that appear stock, or even appear beat to crap. We call those "sleepers"

-
Back