Vic Hubbards Speed Shop - Hayward, CA

-
If anyone is interested in joining us tomorrow night, chime in or PM me. I think we may just do the downtown Hayward car show but taking a spin by Hubbards is not totally out of the question.

Guys, I'll can stop by after work. Where downtown do you want to meet?

thats what i was thinking. its just around the corner. usually busy on the weekends. but it shouldnt be too bad on a thursday.

Do you guys mind a tag along. I work in Fremont but really don't know the hayward area...

Not at all but you have to bring those wheels/tires with you. ;-) Feel free to give me a call (left a voicemail for you earlier this evening) when you get downtown or just look for redfastback's car. He will be there by 4pm and I will be there just shortly after.

GtX what exit do i take from 880. I get off work around 3PM ...I will try to bring the tires if they fit in the Cuda.

Take the A St. exit towards downtown. I believe you go a couple of blocks past Grand and turn right. That should get you right downtown where the festival and car show are being held.

just take A st. go right. and go down A st. until you hit Foothill. then make another right. then you will see b st. make another right. the show is between a and c i beleive. its just a matter of finding parking after that. they did just build a big parking garage over there too.

i would like to go but cant

I bought from them today becasue i left my bearings at home and they charged me 190 dollars for main bearings and rod ones

but at least i can return the ones i had at home =/
Little over priced

i would like to go but cant

I bought from them today becasue i left my bearings at home and they charged me 190 dollars for main bearings and rod ones

but at least i can return the ones i had at home =/
Little over priced

Did they at least match Summit/Jegs pricing and not charge you tax? I know that will be the case tonight but I am sure they would have extended that courtesy throughout the day.

nope...not at all just the amazing price i have never seen anywere but aslong as they give me my money back ill be fine or ill never buy from again....first impression is the most important

Here's a pic (whoops, I will add the image tomorrow) of a few of us that got together at the Downtown Hayward Festival & Car Show. From left to right: hkellar, GTXperience, Thrashard340, slantscamp & redfastback. I think I can speak for the group when I say that we had a great time ... tons of bench racing and the two large pizzas and four pitchers of IPA/Sam Adams didn't hurt either. ;-) Hopefully, we can all meet again next month. BTW: We stayed at the Festival that night but I met hkeller over at Vic Hubbards to take advantage of their midnight madness sale. When I got there (approx. 9-9:30pm), the staff were lining up cars out onto the street for burnouts. Again, Hubbards was price matching Summit/Jegs and not charging tax (even on special orders).

I didn't take many but here's a few more pics of that night at:

http://s292.photobucket.com/albums/...and Events/Downtown Hayward Car Show July 08/

Ok, here's the pic I was supposed to add above:

IMG_3842.jpg

The monthly Downtown Hayward Festival & Car Show is taking place once again this Thursday, Aug. 21st as well as the Vic Hubbard's Midnight Madness Show & Car Show. This will be the last month for the Downtown Show until next summer. Vic Hubbard's has one more show on Sept. 18th. Like last month, I am planning on going to the Downtown show until it is over and then swinging by Vic Hubbards to order a few things. Anyone game?

I'll Go ! Where's a good place to meet up and what time ?

I think we are going to meet at redfastback's car anytime after 5pm. I know Steve has to get there a little earlier to get a spot. We'll probably go get something to eat/drink sometime after 6pm or so. Last time, we walked over to Round Table for a couple of pizzas and several pitchers. If you have a folding chair, you may want to bring it if you want to sit down.

-
Back