Vintage Style Intake for 5.7 Hemi?

-

Dragin Demon

Reaction score
Howdy everyone,

I'm thinking about putting a 5.7 Hemi into my '72 Demon to make a quasi daily driver, with a Megasquirt EFI.

The thing is, I prefer the carbed air cleaner intake look, so I was wondering, would it be possible to get an intake with a fuel rail and mount a four-barrel throttle body on the top? I don't mean a TBI system.

I've seen some 4150 throttle bodies that appear to be just like from DIY Auto Tune and others but I'm not 100% sure.

Basically I want a Megasquirt fuel injection on what looks like an old school engine.

Thanks!

Any of the aftermarket 4bbl intakes ought to work since they all have bosses for injectors.

Intakes:

Indy cylinder heads ModMan

Ritter/muscle motors Drag pack style
Mopar performance Drag pack
Mopar performance low rise single plane
XV low rise single plane
Edelbrock dual quad daul plane

Really if you want a single 4 bbl to fit under a stock hood and don't want to pay an outrageous fortune for an intake, you really only have one option. The Indy ModMan.

A couple guys here run the ModMan so hopefully they will chime in.

Does your Demon have the dual snorkel scoop like my Dart? I bet a Ritter DP intake with the 2" shorter height and a thin 4150 TB would fit under one of those.

I appreciate the quick responses!

I had a feeling this would work but wasn't sure just because I really hadn't seen any photos of anyone with a similar setup.

My Demon is still on a rotisserie so I can put any hood on it I want... I'll likely get a fiberglass dual snorkel hood like yours if there's a chance I can run that setup.

I'd like to place one of those oval air cleaners on top.

I've got the ModMan with a 4 bbl FAST throttle body and Megasquirt in my 67 tucked under a 6 pack style hood. I like the old school look as well, the newer front mounted throttle bodies with a big intake tube never looked right under the hood of a classic to me.

how about this intake lol ;) of course you would lose some mpg's
2562.png

has it's own pulley hahaha

http://www.shophemi.com/c-1129-twin-screw-or-roots-style-superchargers.aspx

Drive by wire throttle body on a drag pack style intake

Attachments

• 10560299_10152454430786700_7987172579471711795_o.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 893
Found a picture of mine after the EFI swap. Indy ModMan with FAST throttle body. Made the fuel rail setup myself by just buying some blanks and an injector drill bit.

Attachments

• IMAG0059.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 736
The original Mopar Performance 5.7 crate motor comes with an aluminum manifold that uses fuel rails and a four barrel, cable driven throttle body. I originally had one of those crate motors sitting in my '69 Cuda and had my original, unsilenced air cleaner from my old '68 340 Cuda. All fit well and the car would be running right now, but I fell in love with the 6.1 SRT Hemi and my build went sideways from there...

Sorry, my whole point was you can get this manifold and throttle body from MP. The fuel rail that engine used was a chrome, 6.1 fuel rail with 6.1 injectors. All these parts can be found on ebay and some times on the various forums for late model Lx and LC cars...

when I look at the crank shops intake sorry to say if im wrong let me know but It looks like the mod casting!

Check out Hemijoejr's avatar picture, it is a custom made cross ram, dual quad intake manifold. Probably the sexiest piece of car **** on the website.

Regards,

Joe Dokes

when I look at the crank shops intake sorry to say if im wrong let me know but It looks like the mod casting!

Looks similar, but its different. I was/am considering using a 671 type blower and the Crank Shop manifold has cast in rails to support the blower better. Mod Man just has a bolt on plate.

Hard to provide any helpful fata because my car has an aussie body shell.....but with a modman and dual carbs with a 2" oval air cleaner......I have 3/16ths clearance between the lid and the hood at the front of the lid.

We have installed a 2.0 Fast on a bone stock 05 truck motor. Put it in a 70 Cuda and it makes for a very nice driver.

-
Back