Vinyl seat reconditioning?

-

Todlich

Reaction score
For lack of a better term I need to see about "reconditionig" my lower rear seat.The upper half is nice and pliable still,but the lower half is dried out and stiff as hell.Enough so that if some were to exert enough force on it,I would be afraid of a massive explosion of seperations among the seams.

Is there anything,or any method to make the material a little more survivable,other then recovering it?I dont plan on having anybody/anything back there but rather make sure its still around for awhile.
Duster009.jpg

I know the pic sucks,ill get one a little clearer on my way home and post it.

Duster009.jpg

Thanks...I was going to try that,but a few guys here said that was a no-no,something about it eventually makinmg the material more brittle or dried out? :scratch: :roll:

Like it could get an worse,well other then spliting it more

rub it with some kind of oil that penetrates well. go find some leather softener, true its not leather... mebbe some silicone, it is basically rubber right? what about WD40 ? :)

Try some mink oil that you would use on leather, it may not
be leather, but it should help to soften up the vinyl. Good Luck! 8)

The best product out there is AVON...Skin~So~Soft Bath oil...Let it soak on a while then rub it off...My seats were crisp when I got my car, a couple treatments with that brought them right back...It's available online or through an AVON Representative...Just ask your wife...She'll know where to get it...It also has a nice smell, helps to get the musty smell out of older seats...

Hope this helped ya...

Sue

-
Back