W2 Stroker sale.

-

lenweiler

Reaction score
OK. I likely will sell my present engine. What would you fellas pay for this if you were in the market. Here's a short rundown;

Block: Is a '73 casting with .030" Weisco pistons. Lifter bores are bushed
Heads: W2 econo with pocket port.
Crank: A MP cast 4" stroke with SIR I beam rods.
Intake: MP M1
Cam: Is a Scott Brown solid with .565/.578 lift.
Rockers: Harland Sharp.
Balancer: ATI
Distributor: MSD Billet
Carb: Demon 750
Pan: Milodon
This thing has little running time with about 23 passes.
85809e4b.jpg

I'm likely going to have the new mill up and running this summer.

Also is it a internal/external balanced engine,also with that intake sitting that high what kind of breather do you run with a stock hood or does the hood have to be modified.

This wasn't supposed to be an advertisement. Just a pricing. However. I would think it would fit under a stock hood. Perhaps remove the carb spacer.
And. This thing pushed my dart to a 11.67 at 117 mph. However, we feel that the carb and the cam was holding this thing back. Yes it is internally balanced.

If someone said "what do you think..." I would say the rods are junk, and something's not right it's not makign the power. Your right about the carb, dont know about the cam without more info. But I think somewhere in the neighborhood of $4000 is what I'd offer. Knowing it has to come apart for better rods and rebalancing at minimum. Do you have flow figures for the heads?

The question is what do you want for it??as far as the rods being junk,thats a personal oppinion,i've got a set of those so-called junk rods living quite well in my 416 stroker running low 11's,10's this season with NO issue's whatso ever with the sir rods....

To answer your question with what you have there I would take it for about $4500 to $5000 with out the carb. This being based on a cast crank the lower end (but better then stock) rods. Econo heads. Any motor that I buy I would tear down and freshen up if I didn't know the motor and see what it did. And no offense but I don't know you personally so I take what the owner says about the motor with a grain of salt and check everything. I have seen people buy a motor that was "race ready and strong" and then came apart in three runs.

Should be in the 5K range.
What is the calculated CR?
Does it require higher than 91 octane to run at GB?

BJS racing said:
To answer your question with what you have there I would take it for about $4500 to $5000 with out the carb. This being based on a cast crank the lower end (but better then stock) rods. Econo heads. Any motor that I buy I would tear down and freshen up if I didn't know the motor and see what it did. And no offense but I don't know you personally so I take what the owner says about the motor with a grain of salt and check everything. I have seen people buy a motor that was "race ready and strong" and then came apart in three runs.

As have I. Me and the kid have decided to stow it in a corner and use as a back up, or install in a project. It's turn key now, so it's a good failsafe. Been mulling things over, about it's 'less than outstanding performance. I was never happy about the valve springs. Due to a 'mix up' from the cam manufacturer, the originals were never run, and they sent a different set. The way the car peaked at 58-6000 R's, I'm beginning to think much of the lack luster performance was due to inadaquate spring pressure. Never had a solid cam flatline like this one. Should have gone with my enitial instincts.

-
Back