Waiting for Hurricane Lee

-

Coyote Jack

Member #55, I'm old
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
It's 7:11am Saturday here and Lee is not supposed to hit here until this afternoon sometime. The winds are already gusting to 50 mph. The rain is not to bad so far. We are high and dry where I live so flooding will not be a problem. I have lots of gas for the generator so power won't be a problem for a few days. Wind damage is the biggest worry for us as the trees still have all there leaves. The center of the storm is predicted to come right over us. Hope not but we are as ready as we can be.

Jack

I saw somewhere in the media that someone had mentioned the leaves. Heck they're always on for the entire season down south! We tried to keep the big ones next to the house cleaned up and happy but I would tell you that we probably did hunker down on the more ,tree-less side of the house during real good blows (Texas and Florida). Hang in there Mr. Jack!

They recycle names. We got hot by Lee in 2007 or 2008. Took out the main power line from Waterford 3.
No power 2 weeks

Good luck to all of our :canada: friends in the path! I live 300 miles from the closest ocean beach, and the remnants of Hurricane Ivan got us pretty good in 2004. You guys rarely get hurricanes like those of us in the South rarely get big blizzards, so the worry will be worse when it happens. Stay safe and report back how you fared when you can.

Funny thing well 2 yea not really funny but we laugh anyway.
We had Katrina 8-29-2005. Then Gustav it was bad but no where as bad. Next season comes the guy who lives 2 doors down (Russian Immigrant) and I are talking about if will will scrape by or get piles of storms back to back.
We both stayed for both, he says any storm comes with a B name i am out of here. Me why B?
He says all i know is we had K (Katrina) then G (Gustav) and it is never ever good when the KGB Shows up.
So far no B named storm
Katrina 8-29-2005, Ida 8-29-2021 both bad real bad.
CRAZY both same date.
Called my brother after Katrina. He says naa not bad at all. Only took my roof, when we were married Katrina took my whole house when we broke up. Shes mellowed out some.

Getting lots of rain. The wind is still about the same. About 70 miles to my SW they just had a gust of 95 MPH and the eye is not there yet. The storm is headed right for us still. I have had a couple of trees come down so far and there are lots without power but I still have mine.

Jack

Well good luck and stay safe.

Hurricane Idalia passed by us more than 30 miles to the east, but we still got enough wind to knock over a bunch of trees in my neighborhood and take power and internet lines down. We got power back in a couple of days, but my house just got its high speed internet (Xfinity/Comcast) back this morning. Been a long two plus weeks of using my smart phone as a hot spot. Could have been much worse, though. As someone told me, we are spoiled.

Last edited:
Getting lots of rain. The wind is still about the same. About 70 miles to my SW they just had a gust of 95 MPH and the eye is not there yet. The storm is headed right for us still. I have had a couple of trees come down so far and there are lots without power but I still have mine.

Jack
Be safe.

Well it's pretty much over here. Still raining but the winds have gone way down. I think the worst we got was about 60 mph winds. Lost a couple of trees but no big deal there. We never did loose our power although many others in the area did. Hopefully nobody got hurt and the damage wasn't to bad elsewhere.

Jack

Sounds good Jack. As long as the trees missed the house, it isn't too worrisome. Since you had pretty strong winds, be careful and watch for widow makers hanging up in the trees when you get out and about to clean up.

-
Back