Status
Not open for further replies.

71 Duster 440

Quarter Life Crisis
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Contact seller
Like the title says, I'm looking for a very nice set of chrome hood inserts for a 1967 Barracuda. I'm not interested in anything that has significant pitting, cracking, peeling, or broken mounting studs. I'm really holding out for a very nice set. Please PM me with what you have available. Thanks!

Chris

Well 71, there was a thread by someone looking for a set a couple month's back, and I don't believe that member ever found a nice set either. Now that they've started repopping the lower trunk trim for 67's, the hood inserts are probably the single hardest item to find for 67 Cuda's. In the other thread, I included a pic and story of how I found mine, but I lucked out and thought ahead. Good luck with your search...maybe Carlysle or the Nats is your best bet!!! Geof

Attachments

• 100_2921.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 293
  • 100_2922.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 311
I've been watching for a nice pair for my 67 vert project for a very long time. I'll probably end up having those on hand restored.
We already know that if and when the repops from China appear there wont be any quality or longevity in the pot metal or the chrome.
Good luck

Thanks for the good luck wishes guys. I also have a set of originals, but they've seen better days and some clown spray-bombed them black at some point their 44 year history. I may try to rechrome them, but still keeping an eye out for some nice ones, like everybody else! :D

I actually have a very decent set (and the hood to go with it).
They have no pitting. and the chrome is decent, not peeling but jus a bit thin in spots.
All the studs are there and even the recessed paint in the grooves.
(I think thats how id describe it) anyway, let me get a picture FIRST.
I am going with a hemi style hood, hand fabbed out of a 73 dart hood ( i know i know).
Anyway, after I take the picture, the hard part is for me how to get it onto this site because computers get me extremely frustrated and nowbody has been able to explain it to me so that I can understand. I will try my best though.

Guys,

I may have a decent set of '67 Cuda hood inserts on the '69 Cuda I just bought. I was going to swap the current fiberglass bolt on '67 hood (complete w/ bolt on Hemi scoop too ) for a race weight '68 SS Hemi pin on hood.

I'll have to look at them closer. If they are decent shape I'll post some pics tomorrow.

sscuda

I actually have a very decent set (and the hood to go with it).
They have no pitting. and the chrome is decent, not peeling but jus a bit thin in spots.
All the studs are there and even the recessed paint in the grooves.
(I think thats how id describe it) anyway, let me get a picture FIRST.
I am going with a hemi style hood, hand fabbed out of a 73 dart hood ( i know i know).
Anyway, after I take the picture, the hard part is for me how to get it onto this site because computers get me extremely frustrated and nowbody has been able to explain it to me so that I can understand. I will try my best though.

I'm very interested. If you can email the picture easier, send it to [email protected]

Guys,

I may have a decent set of '67 Cuda hood inserts on the '69 Cuda I just bought. I was going to swap the current fiberglass bolt on '67 hood (complete w/ bolt on Hemi scoop too ) for a race weight '68 SS Hemi pin on hood.

I'll have to look at them closer. If they are decent shape I'll post some pics tomorrow.

sscuda

All
I checked my inserts tonight and they are on a scale from 1 to 10 , about a 5. Sorry, OK for a driver but that's about it.

sscuda

ive got a set , its been a long time since ive looked them over , ill clean them up & send some pics your way if youd like

will take a closer look at mine tommorrow...will be taking them of my project, so if you have any other inserts to swap out if they are up to par for you i would just swap...

Well 71, there was a thread by someone looking for a set a couple month's back, and I don't believe that member ever found a nice set either. Now that they've started repopping the lower trunk trim for 67's, the hood inserts are probably the single hardest item to find for 67 Cuda's. In the other thread, I included a pic and story of how I found mine, but I lucked out and thought ahead. Good luck with your search...maybe Carlysle or the Nats is your best bet!!! Geof

Who is repopping 67 trunk trim?

A friend of mine has a set the he had re-chromed to put on his 67 ragtop barracuda but got a near perfect set and used those instead. I'll find out if he still has them, get a price and post some pics.

Ken
Edison, NJ

yea took a closer look at mine today...crome is flaking off in spots...not very good condition

I just looked at my friends rechromed pieces and it looks like they were pitted and the shop just did the rechrome and didn't fill in any of the pits. Nice chrome job though.

Ken

Just scored a set from the link posted. Mialing payment today or Monday. FABO comes through again! Thanks for all the help guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back