Wanted STR-15

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
yea i sold a nos on here last year on this site it went to aust. around the world i ve got a lead on a good used one for 1200.00 but i ve now got it yet mike

Street Tunnel Ram. A low rise manifold with a big plenum, a "tunnel ram" to fit under the hood. Had a flat removable top that could be swapped for different carb setups, single 4, dual 4, even a six pack, but that might have only been on the big block ones. I think they were made by Edelbrock. Maybe somebody will post a pic.

Found a pic of an STR-14 (Big Block). It gives you a general idea. Couldn't find a pic of an STR-15.

nosstr6pack.jpg

ok. mopar perf sells new ones for big block and hemi but not small block bb part # p5007330 thats what the pic is of. i will look for real ones and inline style. that seems like there would be better low end torque.

sorry for the bad pic lol

Cross ram.jpg

unfortunately this is the best pic I have, it was a the *** show last year and Tara was taking the pics

DSC00779.JPGr.jpg

Scroll down to the last 3 rows of pics.

http://s88.photobucket.com/albums/k199/360scamp/*** Mopar 2008 show/?start=all

I've got a str-15 with crossram (2x4) top. never been used, had it bead blasted and clear coated about 15 years ago, very very nice condition. haven't thought about selling it, but if you make me a good offer i'll consider it.

First let me clear up a bit of confusion. An STR-15 isn't for a small block. It is for the "LB" 361-400 BIG BLOCKS, while the STR-14 is for the "RB" 413-440 Big blocks.

Next, I don't have the car yet. I thought it best to see if I could even locate one of these, cause that is what will be used on it with the crossram top. I'd really hate to get my hands on an NOS one, cause it will be modified beyond a point where it could be returned to stock.

I know everyone will be very curious from that, so I'll spill the beans. I'm looking at recreating a 65 Coronet 500 BB 4 speed car my brother used to own. It had (what amounted to) a 383 Stage III Max Wedge motor in it. It's the only "street" big block I have ever seen that made power to the 8500 shift point. So that explains the modifications that will be made.

I believe the small block one is a STR-13.
I think....

I think you are right I went back and looked at the full sized pic that Tara took and the guy called it a str-13

I have 5 STR's .. I will let you know by weekend if i am gonna get off one.. If you are still interested...

3-- STR-14 2X4

2-- STR-15 2X4

ok. mopar perf sells new ones for big block and hemi but not small block bb part # p5007330 thats what the pic is of. i will look for real ones and inline style. that seems like there would be better low end torque.

sorry for the bad pic lol
No, thats not an STR, thats a Max-Wedge intake. I have never seen a STR-15 in person.

No, thats not an STR, thats a Max-Wedge intake. I have never seen a STR-15 in person.
Sorry, i just assumed the 15 was a small-block one, I have never seen a small-block STR in person, Seen LOTS of 14's and 15's. Just thought I would clarify that.

ok they dont give to much of a discription in the mag so i didnt know for sure. what it the performance differances between the max wedge, and str inline and side to side?

ok they dont give to much of a discription in the mag so i didnt know for sure. what it the performance differances between the max wedge, and str inline and side to side?
Pretty hard to say, they dont fit the same heads, so it would be comparing apples & oranges.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back