Wanted STR-15

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
And there in lies the problem. This thing he had was a billybadazz 383 with Stage III Maxi heads and the STR-15 which had been cut and welded to match the Maxi ports. Somewhere.....out there.....that very intake still exists. But the chances of finding it are nil. That and the matched set of 660 center squirters that were on it.

So lets review...

STR-14 = RB
STR 15 = B
STR 13 = ?
STR 12 = ?

Knowledge is a great thing.

Small Block

STR 12

STR-12001.jpg

STR-12003.jpg

A tunnel ram isn't any good for low end power. HUGE ports (which Maxi's are on a RB and even huger (lol) on a LB) aren't known for low end either. But BOY will that combo make a short stroke 383 ZING if it's lite and balanced well.

anyone have a pic of the inside of the base of a cross ram STR-15 they could post?

Mines buried in the back of the garage, but if I get some time this weekend I'll dig it out and post some pics.

Here's pics of STR 15's ,I have had these since mid 80's I replaced a stock 4 bbl set up on my high compression 383 with the thermo-quad STR on my Cuda and on the first test run I pulled out on the street and punched it......boggggg.I had traded it for a three piece glass Road Runner front end and thought for a second that I made a bad deal .Second time punching(this time pissed off!!!)same thing boggggg.....but this time stayed on till about 3200RPM then BANG felt like someone hit the the Nitrous button.These intakes take away the bottom end and put it all on the top end I've been sold ever since.I may part with one "make offer".

004 [Desktop Resolution].jpg

003 [Desktop Resolution].jpg

002 [Desktop Resolution].jpg

001 [Desktop Resolution].jpg

There is also two differant str14s early and late versions.this one is the early one.

Picture 049.jpg

Pretty hard to say, they dont fit the same heads, so it would be comparing apples & oranges.
Not true,The max wedge haeds just have bigger ports.Also A&A transmission is the one that repoping the manifolds for mopar.They make two one for the 440 and one for the 426 wedge.You can take any RB manifold and make it a max wedge or any head and make it max wedge.The only thing that don,t fit is the valve covers.The max wedge valve covers has 4 bolts to hold them down.I am not talking about the indy440-1s or B1 heads. Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back