Warning - Jimsautoparts.com - shipping $$$

-
I just sent them the link. I had to fill out an order form...with no order.... I filled out my name as " A BODIES ONLY " lol

They've had a bad rep for years, but they advertise a lot, and a sucker is born every minute.

I personally have never tried to order from them. I've never had a problem finding what I needed somewhere else for less money.

yeah,companies that charge $20 for a gasket that should only cost $2-4 to ship shouldnt even be in buisiness.When I sell something,I make sure the price to ship will be the actually price,and not make money from the shipping itself.

Going there in person to pick up parts sounds good but I tried that too. They tell you NO.

A business that doesn't sell to you face to face? Probably doesn't want to hear the bitching in person over how they advertise one thing and ship another... and, of course, it cheats 'em out of their overblown shipping profit.

Update - I must now give Jim's Auto Parts a little credit. They received my refused part
yesterday and they just credited my Visa card the full amount today - the "rude" lady told me last week that they were going to keep the $17 shipping charge.

I did file a dispute on this with my credit card company so I don't know if that had anything to do with it or not. If anyone decides to deal with these people in the future
please let me know if they treated you any better than they did me.

Wow I knew about JjIMS AUTO PARTS POOR REPUTATION from previous posts here. You would think they would smarten up given the economy. Lets hope thier poor service is the end of them.

I would start an anti jims auto parts websight or blog etc!

Hello again - now I have to take back my post on giving Jim's a little credit. Sent a message to my credit card company and they sent a reply that it was them - not Jim's that credited my credit card back the original amount - something called a provisional
credit.

They are hitting them with a chargeback.

Most places will refund money vs. chargeback fees they get hit with. Usually if you even mention filing a dispute, vendors go out of there way to assist at that point.

If there is a comments section when ordering, put in shipping, handling and delivery not to exceed $xx. You really only have to use something like this when dealing with unscrupulous vendors like Jim's

This is another to remember who to buy from;
Bad has three letter as does Jim
Good has four letters as does Jack

It amazes me that, considering the sheer volume of complaints about Jim's, people still order from them.

Has anyone filed a complaint with the BBB? I may have to, I ordered 2 things, got one, the other is coming "in a week or so" (Rude Lady), shipping was high as well. My mistake.

yea, i was told on here a little bit ago to order from them. i went to order over 1,000 worth of stuff last week, and i wanted to know the shipping. well, she could not give me the shipping price without my credit card info, so i told her i could not give her my money till i knew what shipping was. she was very hostile and rude. needless to say, i ordered from hardens

Apparently the only reason people still buy from them is from "not knowing" but thanks to you guy's hopefully you saved a few members from a similar experience. I know I will not purchase anything from them.

Have been shafted by Jims a few months ago,was trying to locate a harmonic damper for my magnum conversion,tried jegs summit mancini,s etc,all told me this was a discontinued item and they were no longer avaliable,guess who had one,thats right,got on the phone to the rude lady,price on the website was $199.Placed my order,when i received my item look ed at ,the receipt i had been chargered $349,straight on the phone was told they were entitled to change the prices at any time,to say i wasnt happy,being based in the UK restricted me from going to visit jims,have spent a lot of pounds dealing with US companies and have never been treated in this manner,never again

Oh boy Minty,this is exactly my complaint about buying through the mail. Companies just screw you because they can plain and simple. Jims auto parts has been very thoughrouly discussed here. It's a miracle they are still in business as they seem to scam EVERY customer they get.You could try talking to your credit card company. Good luck. Also try filing a complaint with the bbb. Definitly keep trying until you get to screw Jims auto parts right back.

It seems to me there are probably enough ex jims auto parts customers here to launch a class action law suite or something.They need to be shut down.

Hi all.....Another Jim's auto story.
Yesterday afternoon I went to Jim's as it is 5 miles away from me with the intention of buying 2 bumpers for my 67 barracuda as I thought it may be cheaper that ordering online......BIG MISTAKE!
It is located in an industrial condo in Salem,NH. As I entered the building all I heard was a faint "woof" followed by 2 large Labs (one black,one chocolate) quickly trotting from a back room and not letting me get 2 feet into the "store". A few seconds later a guy comes from the same direction and promptly asked me what I'm doing there.....HUH?
I start to tell him I am looking for.....he cuts me off saying that the place is "appointment only" and grabs the dogs as he started towards the back while making sure I was leaving....he didn't need to worry about that I can assure you.
While I have heard all the horror stories about Jim's, I didn't expect THAT.
Let's see.......overpriced, screwing you with jacked up shipping, and can only go there with an appointment? Really? And scaring the crap outta you with dogs if you just show up?
NEVER, EVER will I deal with them again and would also strongly suggest the same for all of you.

Why do I wish I was credit card thief??? So I could order about $14,000.00 worth of items from Jims, have them trump up the shipping and send me the stuff to another location, then have them find out that they've been the victim of the same stuff they pull on everybody that deals with them!!! Oh, and I would then call the "rude" lady and rub it in her face...from a stolen cell phone of course!!!LOL!!! Maybe I'll contact one of my Nigerian friends to make the deal, after they send me my $35,000,000 of course!!! Geof

High shipping - handling charges are common I used to work for a large industrial supply house and you wouldn't believe the $$$$$$$$$$$$$ they made as profit on these charges but there is a cost to do this do you put the cost in the product or on shipping - handling it's a balancing act

Jim's has always added it to the parts, and the shipping, and then added a handling charge, and then added another handling charge for handling the handling.

I'd be surprised if he actually had any bumpers in stock. Most of those guys put together a catalog and then drop ship most items. I mean, I would. Actually stocking items in your own warehouse adds a lot of overhead.

by not letting anyone inside the business really makes you wonder what goes on behind closed doors. Very well could be a little illegal activity that should be checked out by the locals, Joe

-
Back