washer pump for Dart

-

jobrated_man

1965 Valiant and Dart
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I have a couple of electric w/s washer pumps for 1965 Dart, both are frozen. Have them soaking in Kroil now, but just in case, is there any one out there that sells re-built washer pumps, or rebuilds your own? this is the external pump, not attached to the plastic reservoir.:newb:

I have a couple of electric w/s washer pumps for 1965 Dart, both are frozen. Have them soaking in Kroil now, but just in case, is there any one out there that sells re-built washer pumps, or rebuilds your own? this is the external pump, not attached to the plastic reservoir.:newb:

Pictures please. You never know what is still floating around and pictures are worth a 1000 words.

Why not the old foot pump manual ?

Well, I don't have either one, so, since the car originally came with the electric pump, and separate washer bottle, I'll go back to that. It has the wiper switch that pushes in to activate the pump motor.
I thank the above poster that found the link for me, to new ones.
dave

yeah they make new replacement pumps , but if you say you want it for a mopar you gotta pay 45-60 bucks, so instead just order a 65 rustang err.. mustang pump for 30 bucks and save 25-30 for another part. Same pump same mounting points nd same size hoses.

it's what I did and it works great (ohh my original was a black plastic to the power plug and the ford one was white. so purists won't like it but all the other dart/valiants were a mix also)

I checked for ebay item re-Mustang part. Interesting they'd use the same pump. found new one listed for $175.00; A used one out in Iowa, for $21.00. Says it works. Might try it. the F*rd logo will be on the bottom, out of sight.

-
Back