Water Pump Adapter, Need help soon.

-

vestracing

Reaction score
All, have an odd part that came on our car when we bought it and now it is failing.

It is a water pump adapter that has two block adapter and an anodized tube that runs between them. That tube has an adapter for the upper radiator hose. It adapts a chevy water pump to the block with the normal outlet on the water pump going to the lower radiator hose.

First Question: What is this (a reverse flow water pump manifold?) and who made it? If anyone has any ideas it would be a huge help.

Second: The tube running between the two block adapters is leaking coolant and I would prefer to not to have to give CSR or Mezeire $500 for a new pump.

Called CSR (Formerly CSI), it is one of there pumps from pre-1998. Looks like I get to buy a new water pump before this weekend. Anyone have any thoughts on Meziere, CSR, or CVR for the big blocks?

I like Meziere. Have two of their pumps on both my small blocks. Good customer service.

When I ran big block I ran a ShoGun water pump that was great..... but they're no longer in business. Pump mounted to the inner fender and there was only a small aluminum water manifold that attached to the front of the motor plate. Sure freed up alot of room on the front of the engine.

-
Back