Weiand intake manifold ?

-
Exactly! Hence why I recommend these types of I takes for a "On The Cheap" budget racer that will IGNORE TORQUE BOW 3000 RPM's

These intakes are for low hood clearance, AKA, "I don't wanna cut a hole in my hood" applications. Equip them with a heavy street cam and a high stall converter and gear, they are OK. Like 1W&C said, there like an inbetween intake. Your mostly better off with a good dual plane or step up to a single plane of note like a M1, Victor etc...

Otherwise, a good dual plane is best. Like a Weiand Stealth/Action Plus, LD340/RPM.

If you have one now and so not have funds for a better one, just run it and save the cash up for later. Sell the I take and ro the money over into the new one.

A while back, Mopar Muscle did a intake shoot out and the TorkerII did t do to Danm bad. It held up pretty well against the others in the upper rpm ranges. It's worth the read a d from there, you can make your own choice.

Just remember that there test is a narrow window and your build may not like the single plane or just that intake. Just ask the real racers on the board how many intakes they have tried and what mods if any where done to the intake to get them where they are now.

A good example would be Locomotion or Tony above. (70AARcuda.) and there intake choices.

I have one installed on 340. With .477 lift Mechanical Lifter cam, 700 Dbl Pumper, 727 w/reverse manual valve body and 3500 stall, 4.88 gear 8-3\4 and it performs well, and engine pulled 7000 rpms all day long... i do believe the intake performed as indicated... i was surprised of the performance and the ability to work as well as it did....

they are no longer available from holley\weiand... only single plain they have now is dual carb set-up.... so looks like all real performance parts for small blocks are being removed from main stream companies..

When they changed to the curved runners, that took away from the design. I don't know why. I am no forum genius, but I know the curved runners are not as good. Especially the case with that Edelbrock Torker posted above. They flat out suck balls. A stock cast iron EGR intake is better IMO. The old Weiand like that orange one, they are badass, but like rumblefish said, they like 3K and above much better than under 3K. They WILL work at lower RPM, just not as good as some other choices.
ROB , THE CURVED RUNNERS ARE GENERALLY BETTER, THEY ELIMINATE THE SHARPER HEAD INTRANCE ANGLE ON THE X MANIFOLD, which slows down air speed .
RESEARCH THE NEWER DRAG INTAKES , THEY ARE LIKE THAT FOR A REASON. Disregard caps !

Late, but its a small plenum single plane aimed at the guys who want the racy kinda **** but don't want all the negative effects of weaker signal/low speed torque loss, its a inbetween kinda intake imo.
I ran the earlier version with port matching done on my 340 combo of a solid mp.528 solid, mild port heads , 9.5 comp, headers,4 sod, 3.73's, up until about 2 1/2 yrs ago when I replaced it with an as cast ld340 dual plane.
The ld340 picked up from 9.5 inch of vacuum to 12''! And obviously pulls harder under 6200 , but the weiand would pull strong through 6200-6500 and run out of ponies around 7200...but like dual planes do..the weiand couldn't. I ran a 13.8 with the weiand on 25'' street tires just spinnin.... if I had the ld..the tires would have blown off even harder. Felt like the weiand was about 25 ft lbs of tq below the better dual planes.

Change that up to over 600ft lbs of torque and it wont matter !

My favorite intake. Been fast with one.
Just bought another( little brother has my old one on his stroker) to swap around with my airgap to see which is faster on my current combo
Started a thread about it in the race section.
One of these days the track will open and i can test

-
Back