Well that just broke my heart...

-

megajoltman

Time to NUT UP or SHUT UP
Reaction score
Just told my 10 year old daughter that her Grandma won't be coming out of the hospital, she had a massive stroke on Tuesday and will not recover. God that hurt, Michelle is very close to her Grandmother, the look on her face slayed me......

I hope she has a peaceful passing.

Gentle hugs for the ladies.

Both of my grandmothers moved upstairs long ago. I still miss them, but they do still live in my heart & memories.

dang man.. tough to read, has to about brutal to live - it sounds like your head is on right though - stay strong!

My condolences Roger. Its one of the responsibilities we have as parents.
Blessing is we have family to support each other.
All the best.

passing of family and friends , pets . are hardest on the lives still left behind , but the thoughts and memories are the love we have for them . and that does not die , very hard for a 10 year old to grasp , just love her , and let her know grannys going to a pain free better place . thats what i tell myself each and every time i must deal with death .

I feel you. I had to tell my 10yr Grand daughter my ex-wife had just had a massive brain aneurysm. Then they kept her alive for an additional 2 days to harvest organs. Letting my grand daughter say goodbye before they "pulled the plug" was absolutely the hardest thing I think I have ever done. My ex raised my grand daughter for the 1st 2 years of her life, they were tight. Just be strong for her!

Awful sorry to read this. Prayin for all of yall.

Condolances... It hurts to learn...,much less tell a child....

As much as wish to protect our children, there are those sufferings we cannot prevent. What we can understand we can teach. Find the strength and the peace in the promise.

Just told my 10 year old daughter that her Grandma won't be coming out of the hospital, she had a massive stroke on Tuesday and will not recover. God that hurt, Michelle is very close to her Grandmother, the look on her face slayed me......

I hope she has a peaceful passing.
Roger I think the worst part of life is the end for children to cope with. Prayers for Mom, you and Michelle.
Dan

I think the saddest moment in my life was watching my 2 year old daughter walk into my in laws house, looking for her grandpa the day after he died

I hope your Lil girls grandma is able to say her goodbyes to your daughter

Condolences - hard going through that (been 10 years since my Pop had the stroke that got him)...prayers for you and your daughter and all of your family

Thanks everyone, she passed away in her sleep early this morning.

She woke up several times over the past few days (but not coherent really) so everyone got to say there last goodbyes. I think it helped the grandkids.

Please accept my families condolences. I don't know how I would go about telling my 4 yo grandson that his nan na passed away!

The cycle of life. Not easy but inevitable. Just how it should be. Your parents die before you do. Kids are amazingly tough and resilient. For you, I pray for your resolve.

Big hugs for all of you, and a prayer said to ease your hearts while offering up grandma into Gods hands!!

-
Back