Well, wagon got hit need qtr panel.....

-

redfastback

Don't ask me... my garage is empty
Reaction score
I can't say when I will need it but I feel at least I should put a feeler out there. Got smashed by an infiniti g35 that was pushed 15 feet into my wagon by a taurus...:angry7::angry7: THe guy with the Infiniti was not even at fault, and got the worst of it. I might be able to get away with just a portion of a qtr panel, but its in the most intricate body line area of the qtr!

Let me know what you guys might have..

Thanks.

DSC03701.jpg

DSC03702.jpg

DSC03703.jpg

DSC03704.jpg

oh no! that sucks steve. sorry to hear about that.good luck finding a quarter. if you get a parts wagon, i will buy some parts, including the passenger side quarter. just a thought. they seem to be tough to find though. with clean quarters.

I will shoot some better pics in the light tomorrow....just want to get a jumpstart so I can deal with the insurance co.

If the guy had hit my cuda.....I would either be in jail for aggrevated assualt and unnecessary use of force or in the hospital with blood pressure issues...

I have quarter panel for that wagon a real NO rust on the same year wagon. Steve I am in so Ca. if you want it let me I don't what they are worth but it is still on the car. Make me offer I would have to cut it off

Doesn't look that bad close; get further back, with a shot looking down the side. And underneath.

not too bad. a good metal guy could fix that easy.

Well, not totally Joe. It's in the most intricate portion of the body line. Alot of bends. I think I will butt weld it under the trim and stop just before the filler neck. We have to remove the filler neck and tank so we can weld safely.

They are now saying that the Infiniti that hit me is a fault, not the Taurus...I don't really care as long as I get compensated for.

DSC03707.jpg

DSC03708.jpg

DSC03709.jpg

DSC03710.jpg

I would fix that one!! I fix worse than that all the time. I have a moto ... If I can't fix it it aint broke... But really it will take some bfh and dolly skills but it is doable.
icon12.gif

A few hours with a unispoter could bring it back, and a lot less body work involved than replacing or sectioning the quarter.

Myself I would get the estimate on having the job fixed by a pro. Get three in fact. That is a very repairable dent. Once that main damaged area is pulled the rest for the most part will kind of repair themselves as the larger dents around the main one are being held in place by the main dent. A good body guy would have this dent out in no time. You might be opening up a whole can of worms you dont want sectioning in a partial panel. If anything is not done right cracking, popping filler from pinholes or gaps in welds, warps in the panel from too much weld heat etc may be a constant problem down the line. The panel to me looks to be a straight forward job. Spot welded or 'tacked' pices of matal tabs with center holes put in the center and sides of the main dent and a large dent puller will bring 80% plus of this dent out in a heartbeat. Then some time with some dollies and a couple of different shaped hammers and this dent is gone away with just a skim of light filler. Not my car but I would repair rather than replace any day.
Chas.

I agree, it looks like repairing it would be a straight forward job , I preffer doing this type of work on frame machine, gradally pulling metal in different areas at different angles instead of yanking on it with slide hammer works alot better,using PDR tools ,slapping spoons ,stud welding gun and shrinking disk can get it smooth with minimal filler ,maybe just skim coat

Stefan

Cool so if we just fix it, that would be more ideal. I didn't want to replace but figured it bent to much at a body line, but you guys being in the body repair field see it from a different perspective tha I do.

does this mean its time for a full on restoration? hehe. sorry to hear about the wagon man. i hope you get her fixed up soon.

does this mean its time for a full on restoration? hehe. sorry to hear about the wagon man. i hope you get her fixed up soon.

Not yet, but you know how I want to do the wagon...8) I have to buy a work truck so that is where I am going to focus my time and money. I figure later this year, or early next I will start on the wagon...

yeah it does suck..... I picked up a work truck so the wagon is getting a car cover on it and being retired from active duty til I get around to fixing it. I will just work with what I have and do all body/paint at once.

-
Back