Went to a Cannon shoot and got a Dart!

-

DartDude335

Reaction score
So I just got back from a cannon shoot in Casper Wy and the guy hosting the event and started talking and I told him I was restoring a '72 Swinger and he said "Want a '69 Dart GT to go with it?" and I jokingly said sure why not ! Well went out to his house for a BBQ and sure enough he had a '69 GT sitting out the he bought it in 1970 and has had it ever since ..and here is the kicker "Well im never going to do anything with it and I know you like Darts a lot so it yours if ya want it !" ...its a 318 car with a 4 speed a 8 3/4 posi rear end and 2:73 gears

Attachments

• P1010239.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 293
  • P1010240.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 284
  • P1010242.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 273
  • P1010243.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 299
Whoa! Good darn deal!

That's as good as going to a dart tournament and getting a cannon!

here are a couple from the shoot

Attachments

• P1010246.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 280
  • P1010256.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 288
  • P1010236.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 367
as a former Artilleryman, and lover of the Dart, I find myself quite very jealous.:tongue:

What are the cars behind it? One looks like an old Subaru...no idea on the other.

From a cannon ball? Sorry, couldn't resist.
Great score on the freebie Dart! And the cannon shoot looks like a blast (no pun intended).
the rounds we where shooting would have gone right through the car ! (see photo for what the round did to a water filled barrel at 400 yards!)

Attachments

• P1010261.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 240
Wow, a free 69 Dart GT, very cool, but is that as cool as firing one of those cannons? I would love to see them things go off!!!!

Good things happen to good people, enjoy your new project :glasses7:

looks like someone has been living right.......these things dont happen by accident.

really cool .....now the 72 has a sister .....you can never have too many cars :laughing:

looks like someone has been living right.......these things dont happen by accident.

really cool .....now the 72 has a sister .....you can never have too many cars :laughing:
I know ! I have a name for the '72 but no name for the '69 ..the '72 is Naomi and Im not sure what ill name the '69

nice deal!people used to give me cars all the time,even a couple of darts.but never a factory 4 spd.(one was a /6 with a knock,the other was like fred flintstones car...)right place right time...:glasses7:

can't beat free.. :)

so where does one buy a cannon? would love to have one in the yard.

attachment.php

-
Back