what are they worth, rallye wheels

-
people say they are worth plenty but everybody wants them for nothing. i had a hard time selling mine ( they were in great shape) ended up selling them for like 300$ or 400$(dont rem which) but i included shipping

There was a nice set at Fall Carlisle for $80.00, I passed, but if they had been a 1/2 mile closer to where I parked I would have bought them.

I picked up four very decent (not perfect) with very good rubber for a couple hundred.

This stuff sure is hard to sell these days, my dad had a whole barn of parts, we considered just bringing it all to the dump!

Shipping is the killer and deal breaker on big parts. If you have a swap meet around your area, I would suggest that or putting ads on the Craigslist in your region.

Shipping is the killer and deal breaker on big parts. If you have a swap meet around your area, I would suggest that or putting ads on the Craigslist in your region.

if you can ship just the wheels its not bad. ups has a box thats perfect size (for the 14s) you just have to cut it down just a tad shorter. put a wheel in then a piece of cardboard ( for protection)in between then the other wheel. but no matter what ship two in one box and it was around 50$ to ship.

so it was around 100.00 to ship 4 wheels pretty much cross country

its not really the weight that costs for shipping its the size. it cost me twice as much to ship something that was half the weight because it was over size. i still have the grill out of the 74 dart i had but the shipping is outrageous mostly because of the over sized length

if you can ship just the wheels its not bad. ups has a box thats perfect size (for the 14s) you just have to cut it down just a tad shorter. put a wheel in then a piece of cardboard ( for protection)in between then the other wheel. but no matter what ship two in one box and it was around 50$ to ship.

so it was around 100.00 to ship 4 wheels pretty much cross country

That is just it, the bbp wheels can be found for a $100+/- for a set without caps and trim rings. The last full set I bought was $85 at a local salvage yard and there was three good centers but no trim rings. I had so many wheels that I now have use them on my car dolly. Sbp are harder to find so they will bring more money.

I have sold the caps off the bbp ralley wheels I have and I put the trim rings away for spares for my sbp ralley wheels.

That is just it, the bbp wheels can be found for a $100+/- for a set without caps and trim rings. The last full set I bought was $85 at a local salvage yard and there was three good centers but no trim rings. I had so many wheels that I now have use them on my car dolly. Sbp are harder to find so they will bring more money.

I have sold the caps off the bbp ralley wheels I have and I put the trim rings away for spares for my sbp ralley wheels.

Right but the trim rings and center caps are the most expensive part of the set. I have seen then for 100$ Or more just for the trim rings but either way if a person can get a complete set in good shape shipped to thier door for 200-300$ I feel that's a good deal.

I have been shipping oversize items via Greyhound if the buyer has been close enough. I have received several shipments via Greyhound also, I have been very happy so far.

14 inch wheels or trim rings of any style aren't worth what they once were.
Same applies to nice OEM parts that have been repopped.

-
Back