What Are You Doing To/With Your Car Today?

-
Welp it cooled down so I layed down on the street to get a better look at things and it def isn't my wheel cylinders.
Looks like my rear distribution block is leaking.
I guess I'll order new hard lines for the rear as well as that soft line because as soon as I put a wrench on this something is definitely gonna break.

Are the 7 1/4 hard lines the same as the 8 1/4? Can't seem to find 7 1/4 lines online anywhere.

Picture of the leaky area for good measure.
View attachment 1715770694
Shouldnt the rear end be vented where the bolt holds down the flex hose on the diff?
Welp it cooled down so I layed down on the street to get a better look at things and it def isn't my wheel cylinders.
Looks like my rear distribution block is leaking.
I guess I'll order new hard lines for the rear as well as that soft line because as soon as I put a wrench on this something is definitely gonna break.

Are the 7 1/4 hard lines the same as the 8 1/4? Can't seem to find 7 1/4 lines online anywhere.

Picture of the leaky area for good measure.
View attachment 1715770694

I finally checked cranking pressure today. The 5.9 Magnum build is about a year and a half old with about 1700 miles on it. Stock bottom end with a reground cam (.517 lift, 215/223 Dur), Edelbrock 2.02 heads, Air Gap, Doug's headers and a 650 AVS.

Every cylinder came in at 170.

Now, if only I had went with new pistons... and bored it... and Stroked it... why can't we ever be satisfied.:BangHead:

20201121_155440.jpg

:lol:

That’s a one piece rubber line and fitting. Make sure lines aren’t rusted, doubt it with that much oil around them. While you’re under there change the rubber fuel hose to gas tank, 5/16th
oh nice, i was wondering about that. I saw the dorman replacement part and assumed so. It looks like its held in with a c-clip so maybe just maybe i can replace it without breaking every single other thing down there.
and yeah when i got the car the rubber fuel hose to the gas tank was leaking so bad the p.o. said "you can't fill it past half a tank because the tank is rusty" so that was the first thing i changed after leaving a trail of gas from maine to montreal.

Shouldnt the rear end be vented where the bolt holds down the flex hose on the diff?
im not sure i understand what this means.
this is the stock setup as far as i know, doesnt look like anyone has changed anything down there. its a 7 1/4" rear end...if that makes a difference?

edit: looks like the other rear ends have the vent bolt there, but the 7.25 has a different one elsewhere?

Last edited:
its very possible!
i honestly don't know.
ill keep looking for a definitive part number or something online, but there's likely someone that knows without a doubt.

everything i am reading says its for the 8 3/4" rear ends and the dana 60.
nothing talking about the 7 1/4"

Edit:
Either way looks like im running to the parts store on Monday morning to get that vent bolt if it is! It's been that way since I got it two years ago now!!

Last edited:
Now he is patching holes and cutting out the rusted areas, early start he’s been welding since he was 10 nows he’s 13. I’m hoping all of this he will stick with.
97BF6C61-9F39-4CA0-828A-0D907D1127CC.jpeg

Went to a car cruise today. Only 5 old Mopars including mine and about 10 new ones. Still good to get together with my buddies again.

IMG_20210725_145625.jpg

IMG_20210725_145704.jpg

My Toyota Denso alternator was dead out of the box so I put a new one in.Was gonna fire it up and check it out but the neighbours are outside with company over having a bbq.I don’t think they wanna listen to open headers so I’ll try later

View attachment 1715770707
My neighbor is a car guy, so I don't think he'd have a fit over open headers. Probably better than banging and grinding and cussin', which is about all he's heard out of my shop in a LONG time.

gotta figure out where 3rd gear went

its been slowly going out, but now it seems to be gone

My son took my Duster to pick up some welding wire for his truck project and he used my Duster. And I didn't go! It went well but I was nervous! I did find our that it's not as loud as it seems from inside.

Cley

-
Back