What Are You Doing To/With Your Car Today?

-
I am thinking that I will paint the underside of my hood this weekend and bolt it on. I am in the cutting in process, trunk is base coated, still need another coat and clear. Still need to do the doors/door jambs, inner fender splash shields sprayed Wed Night , hood hinges sprayed wed night. I'm getting over a hump right now, once the hood is bolted on, I can really align the fenders and finish off the body work. :)

I bought the right one-year-only B727 so I can now put the 413 into my '65. That's about all for work on my cars...lol.

Fixing hail that was on my car when i dug it out of the po garage and didnt know about

av4mrl.jpg

GqtbNN

Fluids drained, removed radiator, now disconnecting wires, hoses, etc, in hopes of pulling the motor and trans today.

final assembly> make it roll again

008_zpsvyg4kryw.jpg

got most of the parts on the passenger side of engine
will install steering column tomorrow, then the drivers manifold

019_zpsovnpguwu.jpg

I drilled the holes for the trunk emblem and now waiting on the tow truck to take my car to the body shop. I'm a little bored so I figured I would leave my marks on the the street. This car has NEVER been able to leave rubber since I've had it lol

Picture 3509.jpg

Picture 3505.jpg

Picture 3504.jpg

Picture 3507.jpg

Picture 3508.jpg

Picture 3506.jpg

Attempted to fire up the car tonight... Damn battery was dead, so its on the charger now.. Guess that is what I get for not having the battery on the maintainer all winter.

I spent the rest of my day waiting on a tow truck that never showed so now I have to wait until tomorrow to do it.It's supposed to rain and there is no glass in my car so it's another waiting game.

Today? I pulled the 318 out in prep for the new 5.9 Magnum, removed the intake and got it cleaned up, painted and ready to go on the 5.9, wire wheeled the water pump and timing cover, replaced the balancer seal in the cover, and got the fabbed aluminum valve covers off the 318 ready to go on the 5.9.

Waiting for the flippin cam and she's ready to assemble and it's supposed to be here any day now.

Finishing my weekend goals.....
Finish installing my steering column
Tidying up the wires under the dash
Gasket matching my heads.....

Next week I'm free to start my front end rebuild!

Jeff

Attacking the undercoating and rust to prep for the new rear end, springs, shackles, and gas tank

Committing a cardinal sin! Spraying my engine compartment rattle can black. ........
"I'd rather Laugh with the sinners then cry with the saints"

Starting to cut out old rusty floors. Hopefully will start welding new amd pans in next weekend

image.jpg

no pics right now but, I put the engine back in this past Friday - took Saturday off to "other" things, then on Sunday got the headers & the starter in, got the transmission all hooked up and installed new torsion bars.. slow, but it's progress..

Got the Mini Tub's all done today, now it's time to install the US Car Tool subframe connectors , and run new fuel and brake lines!! Gonna be cutting it close for the big show in Mn , may have to take more vacation to get it done:(

IMG_2389.JPG

IMG_2390.JPG

IMG_2392.JPG

-
Back