What Are You Doing To/With Your Car Today?

-
What is the material you used to rebuild your frame? Mine is rotted in the same place.
It looks like what they call electrical support strut at homedepot 3/4 in size if I remember right made in steel too

066889AF-63C0-4E26-ABBD-FD483EC70F34.jpeg

A427E59F-3C83-4B2D-AE46-6A456E40E281.jpeg

Last edited:
My buddy, Mike (in the Green Machine), got some video of the Jaundiced GT leading the pack to the Hines Drive Cruise last Sunday.

Here is an abbreviated video of the drive to the Hines Drive Cruise (through the windshield of the Jaundiced GT).

Last edited:
Headed Back to Dawsonville,Ga. Tomorrow at the City Hall and The Georgia Racing Hall of Fame Annual Labor Day Car Show. Bring them Mopars Out and send me packing! That will
give me the biggest smile! I have been Awarded in enough at these show's! I love to show as I feel it is how, we get noticed but we need some more help! Come one come All! Join me
and We Can Party down the Road at My House Afterwards!

Had 2 B-bodies, 2 A-Bodies and a 2023 Challenger Show today as well as myself. Very Nice 67 Notch 273 (I assume). 73 Dart customized 225, The B's were Both Very Nice 68 RR's.
The 2023 got a top 20 with a load of fords and bowties. Somehow we squeaked out the rest for Best Mopar!

Got a Nice surprise as well! The Daughter of Butch Leal "The California Flash" and her husband and two Boys stopped by as I was trying to set-up. She told me how much they
admired my car and How much her father was going to enjoy seeing pictures of it. She said the Barracuda He drove in the 60's was one of his favorites! They were a very nice Family
and it was an honor to meet them. I joked with the boys that they needed to work hard on that left foot!

IMG_4278.JPG

IMG_4276.JPG

Last edited:
Sounds like a great day Gerald. Hope it wasn't as hot as Fort Walton Beach....OMG. I don't do a lot of shows, mostly cruise-ins and just cruising, but a squadron on base had a show to raise money for their booster club so we went. It was miserably hot.

I was the only a-body. There was a 70 'Cuda with a old school hemi (not original), and a 71 GTX. Lots of modern Mopars including a really neat Ram TRX that won best truck.

20240831_133506.jpg

Sounds like a great day Gerald. Hope it wasn't as hot as Fort Walton Beach....OMG. I don't do a lot of shows, mostly cruise-ins and just cruising, but a squadron on base had a show to raise money for their booster club so we went. It was miserably hot.

I was the only a-body. There was a 70 'Cuda with a old school hemi (not original), and a 71 GTX. Lots of modern Mopars including a really neat Ram TRX that won best truck.

View attachment 1716297286
The TRX Trucks are some bad *** Mothers! Your Fish looks Great as always! Say Hello to Susie from us! I / WE had a great day, maybe me more. The young crowd early this morning (Separate Post) were over the top,
And the Leal Family were a joy! Never mind the Hundreds of others that came buy and talked us up! Nice In FL. to be Flat enough to put your Pop up in the parking lot! Great to hear from you again, and enjoy the
holiday weekend!!!! Salute Master Sargent!

View attachment 1716297286
If you have not already Watch the Cletus McFarland Episode with a new TRX. It is a wheelie Machine!

The TRX Trucks are some bad *** Mothers! Your Fish looks Great as always! Say Hello to Susie from us! I / WE had a great day, maybe me more. The young crowd early this morning (Separate Post) were over the top,
And the Leal Family were a joy! Never mind the Hundreds of others that came buy and talked us up! Nice In FL. to be Flat enough to put your Pop up in the parking lot! Great to hear from you again, and enjoy the
holiday weekend!!!! Salute Master Sargent!

Thanks Gerald. You and Melanie have a GREAT holiday weekend also!

It is nice and flat here, which is nice...but I miss the mountain roads. Although, being 15 minutes away from the beach is nice!!

The Charger got pressed into service today for my nephew's wedding. I even used the A/C there and back.

IMG_20240831_191653075_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240831_192141620_HDR.jpg

Cut the cancer out of the floorboard today and cleaned up the frame rails. New sheet metal going in tomorrow. Also cleaned up the floorboard after getting the fuel tank out

018de31f-cb9f-43a4-b847-add00060b4f8.jpg

fae57ce2-f609-4593-a344-a61312f9ba20.jpg

IMG_20240901_131630433_HDR.jpg

Put in my 68/70 B body rear that I moved the spring perches to 42" on center to max out tire size. It maybe a little too wide for the backset which is 6.5 on a 10" wheel with 285/40/18. I got a good deal on the wheels...needs some new tires though.

17253103899646555327521216507566.jpg

17253104693675622041367454709265.jpg

Put in my 68/70 B body rear that I moved the spring perches to 42" on center to max out tire size. It maybe a little too wide for the backset which is 6.5 on a 10" wheel with 285/40/18. I got a good deal on the wheels...needs some new tires though.

View attachment 1716298178

View attachment 1716298188
Maybe a tad! Show us a pick from the body side, you appear to have plenty of inside clearance.

Finally found a good time to run the driveshaft to a shop to have it shortened and a larger rear U-joint installed so I can finish my 8 3/4" axle swap.

-
Back