What Are You Doing To/With Your Car Today?

-
Parked it under the building we are staying in while it rains it's butt off with the outer bands of Matthew here in Ocean City..... did have to drive it to dinner. I forgot how much fun an old ragtop is in the rain and dark with the windows fogging up while you drive.

20161008_090247.jpg

I drove the 'Cuda about 100 miles today. That's the most I've driven it since getting the engine back in and running.

RAN PERFECT THE WHOLE TIME!

Jeff

I ran the Duster faster than its gone in probably 20+ years! 68mph!!! :D Need a new steering box or get mine rebuilt, got about an 1/8 turn play in it

Working on other things like getting my freebie 2475 IR compressor in a home. It has just been taking up my garage space!

IMG_1499.JPG

IMG_3097.JPG

IMG_3099.JPG

Fastened heater hoses with custom holders, repaired broken studs in grilles, changed jets in carb, cleaned nuts and bolts, getting ready to refurbish grilles and polish all brightwork, if it stops raining I will cut & buff hood tomorrow.
DR------old and tired------:-(

installed better valve springs,on the Cummins Satellite
SAM_3830_zpsadqhgvym.jpg

added a bigger turbo
SAM_3771_zpsnrzrsdmu.jpg

finished the 3" cold side
SAM_3839_zpshjgz123e.jpg

Then adjusted valves on the 72 Dart
finished wiring the line lock

SAM_3841_zpstt3jj5hi.jpg

For the last couple of days, I've been driving around "campaigning"....
Got a TON of thumbs up from people everywhere!

IMG_20161108_165328704.jpg
IMG_20161108_165344990.jpg

IMG_20161108_165328704.jpg

Detailing my grille, I masked off the entire thing and painted the egg crate and surround 70/71 flat metallic black. Removed the trunk trim and masked it off and painted it to match the grille. Removed the taillights and painted the metal inserts to match the trunk trimmer and polished and cleared and re-polished the taillight lenses. Re-masked the grille and painted the outer trim channel concept gloss black. Also, got new parking/turn signal lenses and changing them to translucent amber color and will use clear bulbs after polishing the outer trim. This work enables me to put the front fenders, front fascia and grill on the car-final assembly. Lot of time, work and money but the result will be well worth the effort. Photos on my build thread when I get time in a week or so.
Cheers to all on this first day after the election of the century!----------------DR-------------:)

IMG_0047.JPG

Last edited:
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Got the rocker arm geomitry correction kit from Michael at B3 Racing Engines installed as of this week. Looks great, next is to set the lifter preload and then a startup.
3:rd pic valve fully seated
4:th pic half lift
5:th pic valve open.

Hoping to get my convert out of the garage this weekend. Its been trapped in there due to work being done outside. Looks like a beautiful weekend for a ride!

Thought this might be a good thread to quickly show what you are up to with your cars today, as an alternative for people who don't have full build threads for their cars.

I'll kick it off!

Today I bolted on the new Cragar wheels and tires and took it for a quick test drive with no front or rear glass. What a great traction upgrade! 295/50/15s in the back and 155/80/15s in the front. Gave the car a whole new attitude.
I also installed my new Champion Radiator that I bought from Challenger Gary a couple of months ago. It works great so far, ran it for about a half hour with a single 16 inch electric fan and the temp stayed very steady.

Now I am removing the old cheapo headers and installing a new set of Doug's along with a mini starter that I pulled from the local U-Pull junk yard a couple of hours ago for 22 bucks.

Trying to get it driveable for Mopars in the Park. I live about 20 minutes from the fairgrounds so it shouldn't be too bad a drive with the 4.56 gears. Really looking forward to meeting some members!

-Doug
I'm looking for a lower radiator hose. No luck. Ordered two more

I had to look at my car in the garage this morning on the way to work.

I kissed my car and told it "i love you and miss you"

Hopefully I will get back to working on it, but I have this distraction called the office :eek:

-
Back