What are you paying for gas?

-

Longgone

John/68 Barracuda & Dart
Reaction score
What are you guys around the country paying for gas now? I got regular for my truck today for $2.19 per gallon, mids .10 more and premium .10 more than that. I`m ecstatic, $3.00+ was killing me. I`m in southeastern Va.

A year ago you would have doubled over with stomach pains at the thought of 2.19 now you're happy? next year this time I guess you'll be happy at 3.50 after they bring it down from 4. Don't you see what they are doing? I was watching CNN last night and on Lou Dobbs he had a piece on the oil companies. Acording to CNN the oil co's made 28 BILLION dollars profit last quarter!!! Even with the shut down refineries from the hurricane they made out because of the price increases . Over 40 percent of the oil production and distribution is FOREIGN owned so I juess we should all be happy as we get raped by the the super rich and the foreigners.

I guess we`ll have to suck it up until they can produce a 10 second hydrogen car. I saw a similiar report on the profits of oil companies this year- Exxon 80 billion?Meanwhile $2.19`s better than $3.00.

Just came down to $2.59 gal yesterday. That still sucks. But better than over $3.00.
I want to see it under $1.00 again, but that's just a dream. Think about how much it would increase travel, wich means more income for others.

Paid 2.47 yesterday for plus, today it was 2.44 :( Luckily now I'm driving a 95 Neon, goes pretty darned good and I wont cry if it gets wrecked.

Just filled up my '87 Dakota for $2.29/gallon, but I filled up over in Iowa Tuesday for $2.08.
We all know the politcis about the gas prices, but next time one of the big oil companies wants to build a refinery in "Your Backyard", don't cry about it after complaining about the cost of fuel.

Tree huggin', SUV drivin' naturalists, you listenin'??
You cry about everything, whiners!

The reason diesel is higher is simple, large trucking CAN'T stop, however the people driving gassers have slowed their consumption, so the gas supply is in better shape than diesel, ergo, cheaper.

Mark.

The price of gas has come down here in northern Wisconsin. Al the way
to $2.59 for the cheep sh*t. The highest we had around here was $3.29
at the worst.

Here in beautiful downtown Edison New Jersey gas prices just droped to an average of $2.50 for regular. it was up to $3.45 just a few weeks ago.

-
Back