What connects the sending unit to the fuel line ?

-

thesnafu72

Reaction score
And where do I get one? I have a 72 Dodge Dart new sending unit new fuel lines.. I just need the hose that connects them.. where can I buy one ?

Usually about a 6" piece of 5/16" rubber fuel line and a couple hose clamps.

Any auto parts store has fuel line.

Be sure the sender is grounded for the gauge. Factory used to use a "jumper clip" that clipped onto both the metal ends---the sender end and the fuel line end. The PROBLEM with this is that the fuel line isn't 'really' grounded, either, for certain.

i don't get it...? what do i need

It's a metal grounding strap.
One end clips onto the sender, and the other end of it clips onto the fuel line.
The rubber fuel line goes in-between it. This grounds the sender and fuel line together so your gas gauge works.

Do a search on ebey for mopar fuel ground strap.
It will make sense when you see it.

groundstrap.jpg

Problem is, I don't think that corresponds with my sending unit/fuel line. My fuel line is above the sending unit.. and it's not really a straight path to the sending unit. Also, there is a second metal tube coming out of the sending unit (for emission control..?)

All you need is a rubber fuel line between the two steel lines to connect them. Make sure you use fuel line not just a rubber hose. Install the ground strap. The other line can have a rubber cap on it as long as your tank is vented.

-
Back