What crank is this?

-
IMG_7780.jpg

Does anybody remember if this crank was part of an assembly?
Crank, rods, pistons as a package?
I don’t remember ever seeing a rotating assembly package.

This just reminds me of a 340 I purchased once from a well known guy in my area. Super cool, very honest family. He told me the engine had a Purple Hyd 292/.508 cam in it. When I disassembled the engine, the cam numbers stamped on it were a number off.

I know this is gonna sound weird but 318 poly cranks were forged, had the 318/340 journal size and came with the hemi 8 bolt arrangement. We built some short stroke 301 cid LA small blocks back in the day for high winding circle track folks using the Poly 301 crank and a hemi flex plate.

I think they were 8 bolt but only 7/16 thread. I think. It’s been a while since I used one. Maybe they were 6 bolt?? Can’t remember now.

The DC/MP stuff was 8 bolt with 1/2 inch fasteners.

Correct! You would need one of the smaller cranks. Like the 3.46 crank. MP also had forged cranks with similar strokes to them to meet the 3.55 CID rule.

The 3.46 crank and a 4.04 bore it would be a 354.83 of CID.
At a 4.06 bore, it would be a 358.35

Mancini had this crank on clearance for a few years. They finally started listing them with "Best Offer" on eBay about 5 years ago. Ended up with mine for $275 shipped. :D

What did you put together with it?
Nothing as of yet. It's holding up the fridge in my basement at the moment, part of a long-neglected forced-induction project. The plans are there, but never the time. Too many other irons in the fire, I guess.

-
Back