What Did You nThink About Chrysler's "It's Halftime America" Commercial?

-
Well.......

Page 1 went alright but page 2 is shaping up to send this thread to the political forum.

Now back to the topic, I liked the commercial.

This may have been the best commercial this year but Dodge hit it out of the park 2 years ago with with George Washington driving and leading the pack of SRT Challengers against the British.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ezk0e1VL80o&feature=player_detailpage"]Dodge Challenger Freedom Commercial - YouTube[/ame]

Epic Badassery. Only a matter of time before someone spoofs it is Walt Kowalski.

Well.......

Page 1 went alright but page 2 is shaping up to send this thread to the political forum.

Now back to the topic, I liked the commercial.

I agree - Thanks for bring us back

Ma Snart

Attachments

• Picture1.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 137
Like TARP or not, the economy (unemployment) would have been lot worse without it. Glade I don't have to thank Bush for it anymore.

Like TARP or not, the economy (unemployment) would have been lot worse without it. Glade I don't have to thank Bush for it anymore.

That statement is pure conjecture as we don't truly know what the numbers would have been if TARP hadn't been signed.

Tell you what, go on up to the Shark Tank and put up a thread giving us the facts of that statement, not the conjecture.

And I'll make that statement to anyone who's put this sort of political view out there for those to see. Join the news and politics forum and let's join in on the discussion.

As for me, I like this ad, and I like Chrysler's new ad campaign.

Calm down....I'm not trying to convert anyone with 'eastern elitist' thought.
However, I haven't read one article on TARP by an economist that doesn't credit it with keeping a lid on the economy. If we had a series of Lehman Bros. sized failures they we'd be in much worse shape.

Great!! I wanted to get up and salute the flag and go buy a new mopar!! Did not see the political side at all.

It was a feel good commercial to make you feel proud of your country so you go out and buy a Dodge, period.

Do you think they spent millions of dollars for this one minute commercial to make you question weather or not Clint Eastwood is really an anti gun, government loving, typical Hollywood actor that is just playing the role of tough guy as he does best and would not pass up this chance to cash in on a great paying commercial gig?.....nope.

Everyone will have their own take on this commercial....As far as mine, it has already been mentioned by someone else.

The first thing that popped into my sick, patriotic American mind was it would have been a much more respectable commercial if it was promoting Ford, but I can see how the masses would get all warm and fuzzy after all, who can argue with Clint Eastwood, American icon?

If Clint were promoting rainbow wristbands with every purchase of a .45 auto-mag because he believes it's your patriotic duty to wear one, you can bet your *** that Bubba and Joe-Bob would be holding hands walking up the hunting trail..lol.

Hey guys, i'm gona start a topic about Clint over in the Polit/News forum for all of us to discuss the politics of tis ad so come on over. No more political jargon will survive here. See ya over there.
Small Block

On the Today show this am they said a lot of people thought it was a political ad. Donny Deutsch (ad guru) said Chrysler hit it out of the park with this one and that Chrysler as a business is starting to soar. I thought the commercial was awesome![/qu

That better ??

OK, politics to the political forum.

As for the commercial. It was well done. The lighting at the beginning reflected the darkness of the times that were being denoted. The carefully selected images of people and places were flashed in concert with carefully selected words in Clint's monologue. The choice of a gravely voiced octogenarian (Clint) known for his tough guy image was a thoughtful choice to emote the sentiment of an old tough America that has withstood hardships and is still standing (Clint never sat, he walked forward). The brighter images in the end conicided with the intended optomism of a brighter "second half" of which Clint talks about. The shiny new Challenger at the end ties the sentiment of patriotism, hope, and change that Clint talked about with the symbolism of the powerful, graceful, and appealing American car. The logo at the end is for those who don't know who makes the Challenger.

Very interesting analysis DFX 340 Duster

Might you have had a spin in the Advertising chair at some point in your career?

Ma Snart

OK, politics to the political forum.

As for the commercial. It was well done. The lighting at the beginning reflected the darkness of the times that were being denoted. The carefully selected images of people and places were flashed in concert with carefully selected words in Clint's monologue. The choice of a gravely voiced octogenarian (Clint) known for his tough guy image was a thoughtful choice to emote the sentiment of an old tough America that has withstood hardships and is still standing (Clint never sat, he walked forward). The brighter images in the end conicided with the intended optomism of a brighter "second half" of which Clint talks about. The shiny new Challenger at the end ties the sentiment of patriotism, hope, and change that Clint talked about with the symbolism of the powerful, graceful, and appealing American car. The logo at the end is for those who don't know who makes the Challenger.

x2,000,000,000,000,000,000, etc...

It's a commercial...and obviously it's working because we are talking about it!

Very interesting analysis DFX 340 Duster

Might you have had a spin in the Advertising chair at some point in your career?

Ma Snart

LOL no.

Just too many classes and too many teachers in school and college that dealt with various forms of art and advertising. My degree was in Chemistry but I had to take some liberal arts classes to be "well rounded" as they said back then. In high school I did a stint as a yearbook photographer and editor so I learned lighting details, subject placement, and framing of the photo to show action or elicit feelings. I also had to create caption for the pictures and copy for the articles.

I found that side of the brain to be interesting and creative.

I loved the commercial... but I think it just called on 'us' to pull harder without addressing the cause of our current problems. Let's face it, the main reason we all need to dig in and pull harder is because we have an out of control government blatantly screwing us in every area of our lives. If we could get our government under control a lot of the problems would disappear.

fiat is trying too hard to look like an american car company

I'm Laughing about thinking how cool would it be if Chrysler bought out Fiat and designed a new, Americanized version of their most popular iconic Fiat that has been out of production for years and made it look like a 1969 Chrysler new Yorker and used Mario Andretti to run commercials pushing the product.

I really think that Clint had the best interest of America in mind when making the commercial. Dont think he deemed it as political. Only patriotic i would say.
Small Block

-
Back