What do you do to get rid of gas from your mouth and stomach when siphoning your tank?

-
I dont suck on any siphon hose, especially for gas. I hold both ends of the empty siphon tube at the same level and fill it with water. Then stick a thumb over the output end which keeps the water inside. Put the other end in the tank, lower the output end and remove your thumb. You have instant siphoning...

DO NOT VOMIT!!! The gas vapors will go into your lungs and you can kill your lungs. Poison control says to drink water. You may have a stomach ache and get the *****.

If you are having trouble breathing (ANY got in your lungs), see a doctor immediately.

I made a reply and it was in jest but, honestly, wouldn’t hurt to do a heavy metal detox under the direction of a “functional medicine” doctor.
It should be physician guided or maybe a naturopath? Reason is there are two parts to a detox. First part unbinds the toxins and the very important and often overlooked part is also taking a binder to bind to and remove the toxins.
One thing you should also do is switch to a very high fat diet for a week. Eat steaks with the fat, cook with tallow, eat high quality grass fed butter, avocados, …..
Fats act as binders too and helps the cells receive a message to expel toxins. Notice a lot more disease after the US went on a low fat craze?

A match? Siphon with a clear plastic tube. That's what I use to transfer wort when brewing.

I did that when I was a teen. Burped gas fumes for a couple days. Lite cigarettes very carefully, and my girlfriend wouldn't kiss me. :lol: Dad said drink milk, and don't be so stupid in the future, he wasted his time.
When I was a kid I watched my cousin "drink" a good amount of gas due to a siphon attempt. Put him down (sick) damn near instantaneously, and that was something I've never forgotten.

When I got older (old enough to drive or thereabouts), I got myself an inline pump, a clear filter, about 50' of lamp cord, and come alligator clips, and I rigged-up my own fuel transfer system, kinda like what Derek on VGG uses. (I didn't know I was a trendsetter!) (And with the gas fillers being located behind the rear bumpers Back In The Day, I didn't always use this for "legal" fuel transfers, if you know what I mean....).

Everything has been replaced a couple/three times over the years, but I still use it. (Legally today!)

And to this very day I've still never swallowed any gas. (Knock on wood.)

Last edited:
I didn't always use this for "legal" fuel transfers, if you know what I mean...

Lol, in the '70s, a lot on fuel theft was happening during the "fuel shortage".
A lot of folks were running around with what some called the "Oklahoma Credit Card".

I dont suck on any siphon hose, especially for gas. I hold both ends of the empty siphon tube at the same level and fill it with water. Then stick a thumb over the output end which keeps the water inside. Put the other end in the tank, lower the output end and remove your thumb. You have instant siphoning...
That's a pretty cool idea!

HF has a battery powered siphon hose. Hurricane Beryl knocked our power out of a week and the "kid" (30) got us one to put gas into the generator we had to get so not to lose out freezer. Works slicker than cat chit and IF he bought 4 of them, they must be cheap! I will add some hose and use it top drain and add gas to my old car gas tanks.

HF has a battery powered siphon hose. Hurricane Beryl knocked our power out of a week and the "kid" (30) got us one to put gas into the generator we had to get so not to lose out freezer. Works slicker than cat chit and IF he bought 4 of them, they must be cheap! I will add some hose and use it top drain and add gas to my old car gas tanks.
Can you post the model? I’m looking for one and HF is usually my go to for that kinda stuff.

Not supposed to be a dumbass and swallow any, that's something Gomer Pyle would have done. :rofl:No-we've all done it I'm sure. Drink or eat whatever will calm the taste down.

-
Back