M1 mopar intake duel plane
lunatti 292 duration 480 lift
with stock 1964 273 exh. manifolds
flowmasters with 2 1/2 exhaust
4 speed
3.55s
26x8x15 hoosier slicks
what do you think it will run?

Let me say first dont touch the look. I love it . It looks bad arse in prime. im only guessing here but my guess is 12.30 to 12.60 let us know how it works out. Only liability i see is exhaust manifolds. Maybe have them extrude honed.

Because on the manifolds 13 flat with possible high 12's Those manifolds are going to kill you.

Nice to see another '65 2dr Sedan in Eastern Washington. When do you think you might have it at Renegade?

Chuck

well it should be ready for the road here in a couple weeks, but i dont think i will race it till next season, my winter goal is to get some j or x heads and tti chassis headers.

oh come on we want to know now. It,ll give you a good baseline to work from.

If the heads you have are the 360 heads x's or j's really won't make any difference. All large port LA heads have the same basic port except the "308" heads of the late 80's to early 90's.

Chuck

oh come on we want to know now. It,ll give you a good baseline to work from.

Exactly - otherwise you will never know what good the the money you dumped into it over the winter did for you.

Pesimist - 13.5

I might be off here, but with the cam (lots of duration), Relatively high gear, and exhaust manifolds, I'm thinkin High 13's with the slicks. Just call me crazy!!

ya i to was going to run that cam you should go in not already in the motor with a xe284 its jsut a tad bit smaller in duration

:burnout:put a set of headers on it and high 12's. Heads marked with a "360" in the valvetrain area are nothing more than "J"'s with a smog port. I went 12.02 at 3300# in an F-body with almost a duplicate combination. The big difference in mine was 4.57's, 10 X 28 slicks and a 292/510 Comp Cam. Stick a 'glass hood on it and Daredevil's right; don't change the outside. It looks like i'd eat it's own young. Keep us posted, the gang here is ready to help!! RICK

First, I think your car is beautiful and I would love to have it!!! I know you want everyones thoughts. I have attended drags all over the country from Lions to gainesville in my 59 years, and have seen alot of races although I'm not as technical as the alot of these guys. Most 440, 383 and 340 cars in stock form will run in the 15's. A good run for them is in the 14's. You will need more gear and open headers to run a 13 second pass. What carb are you running? walt (my .02 cents):cheers:

-
Back