what else !!!!!!!!!!!

-

340plot

the bushy bush
Reaction score
have no time. using someones computer., house got hit by lightning.......took out phone, burned up phone,computer, wireless router, and fried all electronics in house, nbot a dollar to buy a thing. talk to all soon i hope, and hope all are doing well . i guess how much worse can it really get????????????????? joe

Wow, sorry to hear that. Will insurance cover the damage?

Man that sucks.

I keep a eye on the forecast in the morning time before going to work. If there is even a slight chance of thunderstorms I unplug everything. If I'm at the house and hear thunder I do the same thing. There was a thunderstorm rolled through yrs ago and I unhooked everything but the phone line. It fried the computer mother board. Learnt my lesson on that. Hope you get it straighten out.

We had a near-by lightning strike a couple of weeks ago - took out the phone, computer modem and wireless router. Luckily the computer was turned off and didn't get affected

dang joe sorry to hear about your bad luck if you need anything let me know.

Good luck with everything Joe. Terrible luck with the new house and all. I hope there is some insurance to cover damages and that everything gets resolved soon.

Take care and God speed.

-Mike

House upon the highway got it by out last t-storm. Burnt every wire in the place & cooked everything plugged into anything....

Sorry to hear of your bad luck. Before long you will recover and even be laughing about this.

Dang Joe, I am sorry to hear about your diaster. I was just thinking that you were MIA and so I went to check if you have been on line and found this thread. I have a friend that had the foil wall paper back in the late 70s or early 80s and he had wall phones all over the house at the time because of his wifes medical problems. His house got hit by lightning and it burnt strips across the foil wall paper between all the phones. It even went over doorways. Dangest thing I have ever seen. Wishing you the best on getting everything back together. Bill

Dang Joe sorry to hear that, I know how much it sucks. We got hit by lightning last summer. Ours wasnt as bad though. Cooked our central air unit, breaker box, couple ceiling fans and the digital cable box actually burst into flames.

That sucks for sure never been there.We just had our old home re wirered and Cindy insisted on getting a surge protector at the box to the tune of 700 Canadian bucksssssssssssssssssss.food for thought.

-
Back