What have I gotten myself into?

-
Got a couple things checked off the to do list today.

IMAG0483_zpsd3e65148.jpg

Back seat frame fitted
IMAG0489_zpsee82a597.jpg

One front tub complete.

Only had a couple hours today to work on it. Next week the body should be finished and my rear axle should be back from Strange. Gonna be a roller soon.

Idaho. The fenders are slathered in bondo not gonna weld on them at this point.

That would make a rather stinky mess.

I was just funnin. I know you can blend it well without welding it on. On the front I'd think you want it removable regardless.

Thanks for the ongoing entertainment!

Uh oh, looks like you might be rolling it in July after all!

Good work man, exhausting but gratifying isn't it?

Well after looking through this resto gives me deja vu. When I started my build I envisioned almost all the same stuff. My problem definitely can't fab like that or the $$$ to pay someone to. But I just feel your car will be just small modern details which I love not over done but just right. Exhaust tips / cutouts are amazing, going with the valiant/duster front end I eventually want to switch to that also. Anyway congrats on the build looks amazing in my book! Can't wait till she's done and someday maybe see her in person. I don't know why I haven't subscribed sooner! Keep up good work!
Haven't read all the posts to a T but have u ever thought of going with shark tooth grille? If have covered it sorry just curious..... :)

Well after looking through this resto gives me deja vu. When I started my build I envisioned almost all the same stuff. My problem definitely can't fab like that or the $$$ to pay someone to. But I just feel your car will be just small modern details which I love not over done but just right. Exhaust tips / cutouts are amazing, going with the valiant/duster front end I eventually want to switch to that also. Anyway congrats on the build looks amazing in my book! Can't wait till she's done and someday maybe see her in person. I don't know why I haven't subscribed sooner! Keep up good work!
Haven't read all the posts to a T but have u ever thought of going with shark tooth grille? If have covered it sorry just curious..... :)

John says he will be bring it to Columbus...in whatever stage it is in....so plan on seeing it, along with all us other goofs

Yes she will be at Nats. I can't afford a sharkstooth grill. Plus I really like the 69 Valiant grill. It has something to it for me.

Yea they are pricey and rare to come by in good shape. That's cool just thought I'd throw it out there. Well it's looking sweet, but I understand how it sets out to do one thing and gets side tracked. I wish I had taken more time on some things but then again really wanted to be driving this year instead of staring at it again in the garage. For me I figure this wont be my last redo of the car.

Yea looks like it, I think after paint it flys but that's i feel is the biggest step in the whole process, which most prob know but I was so relieved once paint was on the car.

So got transferred Friday to my new shop. Left the Scamp alone in it old spot and have been assured by next saturday when I pick her up the body will be completed and in final prime ready for paint. I have $550 into my body work so far so not to shabby. I'll post pictures when I pick her up.

finally found a 72 Duster bumper locally for under $400 I'm gonna grab it this weekend and throw this damn frod bumper out.

I've been lurking and watching for some time.
What a build! Too bad there is no way I will
(ever?) be able to make it to the nationals.

-
Back