What have I gotten myself into?

-
Well I got up early today and sorted out the OBD2 connector wiring locations. This thing is a pain in the butt, but with the help of the diagram on thehemiswap.com and both 03 and 06 service manuals I think I have it nailed down. So sunday I'm going to head over and connect my predator and upload a base tune and delete my tcm, bcm, and skim controlers and see if she will at least crank. I didn't get my fuel pump yet so if she does fire it will be on starting fluid or carb cleaner just to see if I'm getting spark.

Well I got up early today and sorted out the OBD2 connector wiring locations. This thing is a pain in the butt, but with the help of the diagram on thehemiswap.com and both 03 and 06 service manuals I think I have it nailed down. So sunday I'm going to head over and connect my predator and upload a base tune and delete my tcm, bcm, and skim controlers and see if she will at least crank. I didn't get my fuel pump yet so if she does fire it will be on starting fluid or carb cleaner just to see if I'm getting spark.

where is this "thehemiswap.com"?

Are you going to tie-in the original gauges or use new ones? How hard would it be to use the original ones?

Well it's 21 days late But it's alive..........sort of I guess my 06 PCM isn't going to cut the mustard so I had Jason (USCGCharger's) 04 truck PCM here since I was flashing it for him and well it started and ran for a few seconds then died because of my use of a 6.1 instead of a 5.7 to run it. I'm having ignition switch issues that I'm having a real hard time overcoming on my set up so a magnum is taking the place of my car. For some odd reason my ignition won't turn off the PCM so I need to sit down with my service manuals in the am and figure it out BUT in the mean time I know that the 04 truck PCM will work with my modified harness and some more slight tweeking. I will post video in the am since it's to loud to rev the motor right now.

John, Was the security issue the only problem you were having with the 06 PCM ?

The tcm communication is enabled on my pcm so it is looking for the tcm to say yes I'm in park so you can start me.

I always view a restoration as a series of mini sub restorations. You konw,suspension,then brakes,drive train,bodywork. Just focus on what your doing at the time and dont let the rest overwhelm you.

I understand jumping around. Sometimes you have to use what parts you have!

yes so do i but then there comes a time you have to bare down on one thing to get something done. hell i'll bounce between three cars at once creating a nice hum or rythm. but then at one point the focus has to be cocentrated on the one to reach the end result

Ok been on monetary hiatus for a few months as we save for a house. I did manage to get my door latch actuators in the doors(had them for a while just couldn't get the room in the garage to work on them). This weekend I plan on mocking up my power window motors. Got a donor track and motor out of a Nissan that I replaced at work so it should at least allow me to get it set up. I am going to be buying a house in a few months here and when that happens I hope to have more time to work on the car cause it will be in my garage not my buddies.

Well got over to the garage for a bit last night and today for a bit. Managed to get the drivers side power window track in but not finished. Needed some supplies but funds were tapped this week. I really need to get here rolling again. The garage is clean though and the door is insulated now too. I'll post more when in get more done.

Oh and I had to trim 3/4" off of my trans input shaft to be able to put the thing back in the chassis. Damn new hemi when will the surprises stop.

-
Back