What have I gotten myself into?

-
Hint what I'm gonna be working on with Denny.
4670a648.jpg

think your gona run in turning issue if you use that wheel and open the track for a shockwave. from what i see anyway when i mocked up the 18x8 with 6 inches of backspace. check out my pics on my build of turning and i would have 1/2in less lip than yours but not opend track width.

I think so...the contact point with Ross's slightly larger diameter wheel/tire combo was the inner fender...not the frame. I wonder about room for airbag vs coilover
It gets awful tight in there
Shockwaves are the same size as a standard coilover with a spring.

think your gona run in turning issue if you use that wheel and open the track for a shockwave. from what i see anyway when i mocked up the 18x8 with 6 inches of backspace. check out my pics on my build of turning and i would have 1/2in less lip than yours but not opend track width.
I'm also Not running that wheel. The purpose of that picture was to get the conversation running. I'll be using a 20x8 with a 5.5 backspace with the same outer diameter tire as Ross' set up so if his clears Mine should. especially considering I'm gutting the inner fenders and possibly moving the frame rails.........oops didnt mean to say that out loud.

.... especially considering I'm gutting the inner fenders and possibly moving the frame rails.........oops didnt mean to say that out loud.

I'm definitely sticking around for the frame rail insanity!

If it were me...and it's not...I would skip the k...and buy/ fabricate a 2x4 or 2x3 front clip with the narrower frame rails/suspension for the air bag...if your going to narrow it

If it were me...and it's not...I would skip the k...and buy/ fabricate a 2x4 or 2x3 front clip with the narrower frame rails/suspension for the air bag...if your going to narrow it
Thats why I'm mocking up. If I can save 30+ hours of fab time by running a factory style k-member from you I wanna do it. Maybe notch the rails a bit for turning clearance only.

Luv to build you a k....and be part of your build
just don't want you to stick your pick in the dirt

It' s kinda like my rear back half...engineered/built/welded outside the car...then put in place
if you are going to commit to narrowing...do not go halfway...you will regret it

See something here folks? Man has an awesome business ethic and a great product. He could sell me 8 of these damn things and I would happily buy them all but he isn't pushing me into his direction he's actually offering advice and not salesman attitude. Denny we will be in touch I have an idea on something unrelated to my personal build we can discuss.

My fab/ welder could build a clip that would be....above suspicion! !

I been workin on it...in my head since we spoke a few days ago

Make you a deal Denny I will order my wheels and tires and do a turning sweep at my desired ride height and we will go from there. Deal?

This is going to be a sick looking ride! Love the exhaust outlets and the wheels.

Thanks Clint. Gonna be my be all end all car. never gonna build another one like it EVER unless I do it for someone else.

I'm also Not running that wheel. The purpose of that picture was to get the conversation running. I'll be using a 20x8 with a 5.5 backspace with the same outer diameter tire as Ross' set up so if his clears Mine should. especially considering I'm gutting the inner fenders and possibly moving the frame rails.........oops didnt mean to say that out loud.

Remember I'm only running a 17' X 7" wheel with 5.125" backspacing and my tire diameter is 26.4" and I have about an index fingers space front and rear when I'm at lock to lock... you could always put stops on the rack and loose a little steering radius, mines equal to a new car and driving on the street or even a road course it's not needed, only when parking will I need all that radius.

Remember I'm only running a 17' X 7" wheel with 5.125" backspacing and my tire diameter is 26.4" and I have about an index fingers space front and rear when I'm at lock to lock... you could always put stops on the rack and loose a little steering radius, mines equal to a new car and driving on the street or even a road course it's not needed, only when parking will I need all that radius.
Right But wheel size compared to tire diameter is relative. If your tire is 26.4 outside diameter and mine is 25.8 I sould actually have a bit more room even though my wheel is 3" larger. It's all about perspective I know because the wheel will be a half inch wider I would need to adjust for that in offset or track width. Also you guys need to consider 1 key point I will be raising the car whenever I am driving which should give me the turning clearance I need. The tire/wheel will probably sit 2-3 inches lower at ride height.

Beautiful build. I'm lovin the stance. I thought I did a lot of body mods on my Dart but you make mine look like childs play. You're the only other person I've seen that shaved the drip rails. Tons of work but worth every second. Keep up the great work.

Beautiful build. I'm lovin the stance. I thought I did a lot of body mods on my Dart but you make mine look like childs play. You're the only other person I've seen that shaved the drip rails. Tons of work but worth every second. Keep up the great work.

There is a lot going on that I haven't shown yet. The rear of this car is gonna be slick when its all said and done. I have time on this build since my drivers license is suspended until god knows when so I'm going nuts on every aspect of the car. Currently there is no fire wall in the car either gonna do a nice bead rolled custom wall. The drip rails were a giant pain but the look is undeniably cool. Thanks for the compliment it only goes to show I'm not alone in this. .

Air ride said the 8000's or thoes in the pics may not lift the car. i call bs on this. they can lift 1200lbs with 100psi ea. no way our cars weigh 2400lbs in frot

Talked to a few people about it and they all agree and disagree with me on the subject of the 8000's being able to do what I'll be asking of them.

-
Back